Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Im offended?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
I recently messaged a friend saying and I quote "miss you!" to a friend whom I used to be close with. We last spoke in April. We dated very briefly, but it was never serious because it was awkward when we tried to go that way because we were such good friends. and we were always friends more than anything. He messaged me back saying,im not sure if you know im n a relationship, but out of respect for my relationship and yours, maybe we should quit with the miss yous. Im like wait what? I wasnt saying it THAT WAY first of all, secondly, that was four years ago buddy! Im saying miss you to a FRIEND not in a romantic way. I believed in him and supported him and even helped promote his clothing label when it was all just an idea. Now hes doing great and I just wanted an update from my friend. And i kept in touch with him after I got married and he would ask how I was doing when he wasnt ina relationship. So it was cool for you to ask how I was doing this entire time you werent in a relationship and Ive been married, but now I cant do the same AS A FRIEND.

How do I respond?
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MommieSDW
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:29 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't. I can almost guarantee his woman wrote that or had him write it. If you respond, make it clear you didn't mean it that way and then leave him alone. You don't want the drama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoxyJI
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:32 AM
Move on. find a new friend. It doesn't seem worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Peaches.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM

You don't. Just back off, since that's what he wants.

newmami10
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM
"Uhh, I didn't mean it in a romantic way or anything! Sorry if I upset you, have a good one."

That's what I would say anyway. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious333
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:27 AM
I hated guys like that. I never bothered with them, it's a waste of time and energy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:30 AM
I would say back... Didn't mean it that way, just miss hanging out as friends is all...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:46 AM
This :)

Quoting newmami10:

"Uhh, I didn't mean it in a romantic way or anything! Sorry if I upset you, have a good one."

That's what I would say anyway. GL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)