Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Untitled Story.

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
  • 4 Replies

This is something I am doing just for fun. Something to help me escape reality for a little bit every day. I know it's not going to be perfect, but I will try my best to make it the best I can. I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to your comments, and I'm sure, criticism.

Standing in the open field, with the wind blowing lightly, the grass tickling my ankles, I look up at the night sky. The stars, twinkling like tiny gems in a sea of black velvet, the moon shining like a beacon over the sea, the smell of pine all around me, almost caressing me.

" Are you ready? We have to go soon. "

Turning slowly, I already know who it is. He is the one who changed my life forever, and I hate him for it, yet, I love him dearly.

" Yes. I'm ready. Just....." my voice trails off into nothingness as I look out into the woods, my silent heart hurting for just one more look at them before we leave for good.

" You know you can't go back. Not even for a look. Not now, anyway. Maybe, in a decade or so, when they have healed and their memories are faded by time, then can you come for a look. I'm sorry, Anaise. I really am. "

I believe what he says, because I know he went through the same pain as I am now. Knowing that your life will never end, while the ones you love and cherish will wither, grow old, and die in just a matter of years, is very painful. Knowing my family is only a couple miles away, the urge to see them is almost enough to bring me to my knees.

" I understand. I just want to make sure they are okay. I wouldn't let them see me, but I understand. " Looking up at him finally, I see the pain in his eyes. He won't admit it, but I see the pain that comes with being what we are. " Are the others coming, too? "

" No, not right now, at least. I thought it best if you and I left a night before everyone else. They are staying to help your family heal as best as they can, but they will be along tomorrow night. We will see them soon enough. "

He slips his hand into mine, and we being walking. I am walking away from my family, only to be embraced by a whole new family. With each step, it gets harder and harder to keep going, but I do. I know I can't go back, not now. I will in a few decades,  like he said, when their memories of what happened are dim. The tears begin flowing, and I don't try to control them. Before too long, I am crying so badly I can't see where I am walking. He stops to carry me, and not long after, he is setting me down in his car.

He gets in next to me, cutting the car on, the headlights cutting through the darkness with an almost blinding light. He reaches over, putting his hand on my leg, patting gently.

" Anaise, I promise you, it will get easier. This is the hardest thing I will ever ask of you. "

Looking at him again, I believe him. I dry my eyes as best I can, and place my hand over his, twining our fingers together.

" I understand, Kai. I really do. I guess I'm just in shock. I mean...so much has happened in such a small amount of time......I just.........." my voice once again trailed off into nothingness. I stared out the window at the night sky, the trees flying by, and thinking about how so much really had changed in just a year.........

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
maryjmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:44 AM

BUMP!

maryjmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:53 PM

BUMP!

Gabbysmom715
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:56 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)