Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

money...?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM
  • 7 Replies
my hubby gets an ssi check which is like social security his check is $698 a month i cant have a job or theyll cut his check i have an 11 month old and im almost 8 months pregnant. this is just not enough money to support us. what would you do in this situation? how do u make do if your dh gets a check?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kaiser10123
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM
If I was in your situation I would try to find a work from home job. There's no way in hell you can provide for 4 on so little money. Apply for as much assistance as you can until you can work. Good Luck hun I hope everything works out for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM

why can't you work?   I know he cannot work but it should not effect you.  Sometimes you have to make a choice would you working and the check getting cut make more than you are getting now?

mrsniebo
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

It seems like you having a job would bring in more money than the ssi check, so you'd probably be money ahead even if they did cut his check. Maybe consider going to work after the baby gets here? You'd only have to work 20-25 hours per week at $7.50/hr to equal the amount of the check, so any additional hours or pay rate would be money ahead.

datssumsheet
by Sarah on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM

i would get a job because whatever you make should be almnost double to that if you get a fulltime job...and why if you work does it effect what he makes?

Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I also get $698 a month because I have issues that stop me from working, however I can work a part time job without it affecting it. I only have one son and j am looking for work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I would be getting a job. If you do it would be way more than that. My husband was on SSI when we first got together and he got sick of not having money and he went to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
khoberg
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM

The job should cancel out the amount his check would get cut. Look around for something that would be worth it, and prayers for your family from us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)