Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

DD is sick and I have no Idea what's wrong!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
  • 20 Replies

It started off as a cough the other day.But everyday it has gotten worse. She is also running a fever 99-101. She never gets medicine unless she absolutely needs it. But for some reason the medicine we are giving her isn't working. Not even a little bit. It doesn't help her cough go away or anything. I thought maybe she had a cold but I'm not sure since the cold medicine isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LMEMomma05
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM
How old is she?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidenmomplus4
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Are you sure you are giving her the correct dosage for her weight ?

babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:58 PM

She is 3 years 4 months

Quoting LMEMomma05:

How old is she?

babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Yes I am always very careful when giving her medicine

Quoting aidenmomplus4:

Are you sure you are giving her the correct dosage for her weight ?

VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I dunno... if tylenol, motrin or ibprofen won't reduce the fever.... and the cough gets worse I would honestly take her to the Dr's. 

Gealach
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Low grade fever and cough could be a viral infection (cold or flu), allergies, infection (sinus infection, strep throat), croup (it would be excessive coughing), or teething. (If she is 3, this is usually when they get some back molars in. )

joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM

How old is the medicine?  If it's liquid and you do not use it often and it has been sitting around it could be ineffective.  Is she still coughing?  For the fever I would keep a cool washcloth on her head.  My daughter was just sick and she had a pretty high fever for about 2 days.  We gave her tylenol and kept a washcloth on her head and gave her a lukewarm bath.  Gave her soup and pedialite.  Good luck!

Army-Wife0128
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Have you taken her to the doc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:25 PM

The medicine is brand new. We just bought it. She doesn't get sick often so we never keep it stocked up. She's had it for about 3-4 days. And her fever is now up to 101.8 And that was 30 min. She has not been to the dr because we do not have insurance. I will take her to er if needed I'm just not sure if it's needed because I don't know what's going on :(

Quoting joyfullem:

How old is the medicine?  If it's liquid and you do not use it often and it has been sitting around it could be ineffective.  Is she still coughing?  For the fever I would keep a cool washcloth on her head.  My daughter was just sick and she had a pretty high fever for about 2 days.  We gave her tylenol and kept a washcloth on her head and gave her a lukewarm bath.  Gave her soup and pedialite.  Good luck!

joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Is she still coughing? You can try a tylenol cough and cold if its for her age group.  If its just a fever now you can try the things I suggested.  Again good luck!

Quoting babylove041810:

The medicine is brand new. We just bought it. She doesn't get sick often so we never keep it stocked up. She's had it for about 3-4 days. And her fever is now up to 101.8 And that was 30 min. She has not been to the dr because we do not have insurance. I will take her to er if needed I'm just not sure if it's needed because I don't know what's going on :(

Quoting joyfullem:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN