Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD is sick and I have no Idea what's wrong!!!!

It started off as a cough the other day.But everyday it has gotten worse. She is also running a fever 99-101. She never gets medicine unless she absolutely needs it. But for some reason the medicine we are giving her isn't working. Not even a little bit. It doesn't help her cough go away or anything. I thought maybe she had a cold but I'm not sure since the cold medicine isn't working. Does anyone have any ideas?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (11-20):
babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Yes she is. It sounds like her throat is starting to get raw to. And she seems to be getting out of breath at times. 

Quoting joyfullem:

Is she still coughing? You can try a tylenol cough and cold if its for her age group.  If its just a fever now you can try the things I suggested.  Again good luck!

Quoting babylove041810:

The medicine is brand new. We just bought it. She doesn't get sick often so we never keep it stocked up. She's had it for about 3-4 days. And her fever is now up to 101.8 And that was 30 min. She has not been to the dr because we do not have insurance. I will take her to er if needed I'm just not sure if it's needed because I don't know what's going on :(

Quoting joyfullem:

How old is the medicine?  If it's liquid and you do not use it often and it has been sitting around it could be ineffective.  Is she still coughing?  For the fever I would keep a cool washcloth on her head.  My daughter was just sick and she had a pretty high fever for about 2 days.  We gave her tylenol and kept a washcloth on her head and gave her a lukewarm bath.  Gave her soup and pedialite.  Good luck!

joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:35 PM

If it's getting hard to breath she could just be tired from coughing or she could have something more searious I think I would take her to the doctor.  Unfortunately.  Im sorry

Quoting babylove041810:

Yes she is. It sounds like her throat is starting to get raw to. And she seems to be getting out of breath at times. 

Quoting joyfullem:

Is she still coughing? You can try a tylenol cough and cold if its for her age group.  If its just a fever now you can try the things I suggested.  Again good luck!

Quoting babylove041810:

The medicine is brand new. We just bought it. She doesn't get sick often so we never keep it stocked up. She's had it for about 3-4 days. And her fever is now up to 101.8 And that was 30 min. She has not been to the dr because we do not have insurance. I will take her to er if needed I'm just not sure if it's needed because I don't know what's going on :(

Quoting joyfullem:

How old is the medicine?  If it's liquid and you do not use it often and it has been sitting around it could be ineffective.  Is she still coughing?  For the fever I would keep a cool washcloth on her head.  My daughter was just sick and she had a pretty high fever for about 2 days.  We gave her tylenol and kept a washcloth on her head and gave her a lukewarm bath.  Gave her soup and pedialite.  Good luck!

ragitty
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Not sure ds had similar symptoms. He had a cough and then started running a fever between 99 and 101 as well. The fever lasted 5 days (broke wednesday night this week) and now his cough is still bad. Sometimes he will be acting like his normal self, other times he is tired and just wants to rest.

Good luck

babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Ok. Thank you for all of your help. I will probably take her when Dh gets off work. I will post an update if you'd like when we get done there and find out what is wrong.

Quoting joyfullem:

If it's getting hard to breath she could just be tired from coughing or she could have something more searious I think I would take her to the doctor.  Unfortunately.  Im sorry

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

babylove041810
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:45 PM

That's how DD is. Normally she wants nothing to do with me but today all she wants is in my lap. Earlier she climbed up said to rock her and passed out within two minutes... She doesn't take naps anymore either. Good luck to you too. I hope your DS gets well soon!!

Quoting ragitty:

Not sure ds had similar symptoms. He had a cough and then started running a fever between 99 and 101 as well. The fever lasted 5 days (broke wednesday night this week) and now his cough is still bad. Sometimes he will be acting like his normal self, other times he is tired and just wants to rest.

Good luck

joyfullem
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Definatly update us!!

Quoting babylove041810:

Ok. Thank you for all of your help. I will probably take her when Dh gets off work. I will post an update if you'd like when we get done there and find out what is wrong.

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

lilmacmama20
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM
croup?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Is it a barking cough?

babylove041810
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:13 AM
We just got back from the er. She has bronchitis. :(

Quoting joyfullem:

Definatly update us!!

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joyfullem
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Pour baby

Quoting babylove041810:

We just got back from the er. She has bronchitis. :(

Quoting joyfullem:

Definatly update us!!

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Quoting babylove041810:

Quoting joyfullem:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)