Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

TTC after depo

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM
  • 12 Replies

So DH and i deciede that we are gonna ttc baby#2. i have been off the depo shot for a little over 6 months already. The dr told me when i first got on it that it would take 6 months to a year, if my lucky sooner but i did have a cyst removed form my right overy at delivery with DS 3 years ago. Just interested how long it took you gals to get pregnant after getting off depo.

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Has AF became regular again? My ob/gyn put me on BC pills when me and ex were ttc. To help get af regular again. Then that way i could get off them and hopefully concieve. Glad that didn't work out! Lol!

GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyRJ
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:20 PM
18months. But I was on it for a long long time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I was on it for 4 years. I went off three months before my wedding and got pregnant on my honeymoon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaiser10123
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:25 PM
A year...it wasn't out of my system completely until then. It felt like forever hell I thought my DF was sterile and we couldn't have kids it took so long but we have our little boy now so it was me lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM

i have a good friends whos sister is 5 months pregnant with her 1st kid, she was on the shot for 5 years..it took her 4 years to get pregnant, 2 years to have a period again

GL

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:14 AM
5 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RonisMommy2012
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Our dd was an unexpected surprise after coming off depo. I was off of it.for a year before I got period. Then third cycle I got pregnant. From the things I was reading online it said it could take awhile for AF to even regulate let alone get pregnant. I agree with the mom who said try birth control pills. It can regulate your period for you. And then try conciving after coming off the pill.
Gastromama2007
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM
I got pregnant on the depo shot lok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM
I was on the shot for 9 months. I stopped using it because I was having a lot of complications from it. It took over a year before I conceived my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I was off of depo for 15 months before I got pregnant with my 2nd son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)