Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Front Facing Carseat??

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM
  • 145 Replies

My DD will be one in Nov. 21, when did you move from a rear facing to front facing carseat? I hear of other moms who have already changed theirs, but I havent talked to the dr about it yet. She definately wants to sit front facing and tries to turn around and climb out of her rear facing carseat. I just dont want to change too soon. When did you move yours?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I made the mistake with my older 2 and switched them at 1. However, now that I know the benefits of extended rear facing my almost 2 year old is still rear facing and will remain so for as long as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I did wait for both. I feel most moms just jump on bandwagons, soon the age will be  changed to 5.

larschick
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM
I switched at 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:12 PM
i will be at 1 yo which is next month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I've read/heard that it's recommended they rear face for at least 2 years. So we're going to try to rear face as long as possible with our son.

Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:27 PM
A little after 2.5 with my first 2. Closer to 3 with my last. I'd keep her rearfacing....much safer for her :)
starry_dreamer
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM
I have a convertible seat. Hes 18 month and still rear facing. He will be as long as the seat allows. I think he will hit the height before weight at this rate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
Messed up with my older two and did it at 1 & 20, my son just switched at 2 1/2. My baby will go at least the same with this baby. The more I looked into it, the more I could see how reckless ffing at 1 was
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrywaves21
Whenever he out grows the limits for rf it goes to 35lbs and i forget the height at the moment so at the rate he's growing 18 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this
It's better to wait for the minimum of 2 and 30 lbs. Legally it's. 1 and 20 lbs.

Personally I have and will rear face to the limit of the seat. My 95% weight 97% height almost 4 year old is still RF AT 38 lbs. and 42˝.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)