Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i feel like a failior as a wife.

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM
  • 14 Replies
my dh has ptsd and kidney issues and everything finantually sp is on me and emotionaly sp. I feel like i should be able to handle it all. But i cant and it makes me feel like a failor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_emily21
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:37 AM

It's spelled failure I think.  *financially and *emotionally.  I'm sure it's easier said than done, but don't hold all the responsibility on yourself.  Do you have supportive family members that could help you out in any way (atleast emotionally for you and your dh) during this time?  I'm sorry you feel this way. :-(

sissy852
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:50 AM
not really. My family thinks that i should be able to handle everything. Take care of dh and my 10mo ds and being preggo. They also think i should be able to keep the house 100% clean.

Quoting a_emily21:

It's spelled failure I think.  *financially and *emotionally.  I'm sure it's easier said than done, but don't hold all the responsibility on yourself.  Do you have supportive family members that could help you out in any way (atleast emotionally for you and your dh) during this time?  I'm sorry you feel this way. :-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsbrimer
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:52 AM
Well sometimes u gotta just step up. Sometimes people need u. Try going to a therapist to vent things out. Helps me. I have to go every Tuesday or id kill someone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kkkaaayyyy
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't ever feel like a failure if you done everything to your ability.

DOllfACE-
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:58 AM
Your husband would qualify for ssi/ disability payments if need be. He also can use that money twords going to therapy for his ptsd. Ptsd is not cureable but with the right therapy and some cases medication he can lead a normal life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM
he is trying to get ssi disability. He wants to get help for the ptsd.

Quoting DOllfACE-:

Your husband would qualify for ssi/ disability payments if need be. He also can use that money twords going to therapy for his ptsd. Ptsd is not cureable but with the right therapy and some cases medication he can lead a normal life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Honey your aren't alone. I'm 33w pregnant and my dh has what I believe is ptsd. I've felt this way many a times but it's not true. You too are only human and can only do so much. Don't be afraid to ask for help. If they give you a hard time remind them you are human too. If you need anything message me!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM
1 mom liked this

No one can handle everything!!!! You are not a failure!!! You are simply human :) 

Mommy2Angel0617
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:17 AM
Failure..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh hun, I know how you feel. It can be overwhelming.

I have posted about this before: my Dh was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in April. It has been a long rocky road trying to learn about it and how to help him. When his blood sugar is off, he gets really angry and snaps- especially when it's low. It doesn't help that he is still "honeymooning", which means his pancreas hasn't completely died... it just randomly spits out insulin into his body. If he has already taken a shot- he hits a dangerous low. It scary because it's dangerous- but the anger can be so hard to deal with... I left for a few hours once because he was so mad he threw his (expensive) phone against the wall. I grabbed ds, told Dh to check his sugar, and left. He called me after he calmed down....

I feel terrible, but some days I can't handle it. I lose patience with him. I know it's not completely his fault... ugh it sucks.

So *hugs*
When you feel overwhelmed, take a short break and reapproach with a clear head. I know some days it can be tough- like you're married to an adult child- but remember: for better or for worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN