Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

To apply or not to apply?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM
  • 15 Replies
Okay im PRN at the hospital right now, which is usually a full 40 hrs a week since its such a big lab and people are always calling off. Its all hours 1,2and 3 shift. Well theres a full time position in outpatient and I love op. No one else wants it. Id work 4 days a week, 8/5pm, then the third week itd be 5 days, and only one weekend a month.

Im really considering it, but id be only able to see the girls 5:30pm to 9pm, and on the day off during the week and weekends. We dont really need the money at all, im working cause I want to, ive been a sahm for 3 years. But after a year of being fulltime, I can go to school for free. Not to mention id get insurance thru them and its way better than what we have now here? What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addiesmommy1109
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM
I'd apply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM
sounds like any other job anyone else would have to work. If you wanna work go for it. you take the good with the bad :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM
Id apply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM
I think the hardest part would be after baby comes in February. I will get 12 weeks off, and once I go back dh is gonna take 3 weeks off, so baby will be close to 4 months when shes first left with a sitter.

Sigh...dh just tells me to do what I want, he doesnt care either way. But idk. Im gonna pray about it. They dont HAVE to hire me cause in the only inhouse applying but I have like an 80% chance of getting it (im a new prn they usually like ppl to wait six months but theres exceptions. )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraface5383
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Id go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:33 PM
Doesn't seem like it'd even be a question! Go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyennesMommy2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Im just leery about being away from the kids so much. But my oldest will be in school alot next year, 4 days a week and my youngest is on the waiting list for a private daycare thats more like a school, and the baby idk that part scares me.

But the school thing is what is like dang I gotta do it, cause the goal for me is to become an RN and get one or the ERs 24hr shifts, and dh can just stop working for awhile. We have ALOT in savings, but nursing school would eat alot of that up in no time and if you can go to school free, why not ya know?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
But at least your hours would be consistant, right? That would probably be something your kids would love!

Quoting CheyennesMommy2:

Im just leery about being away from the kids so much. But my oldest will be in school alot next year, 4 days a week and my youngest is on the waiting list for a private daycare thats more like a school, and the baby idk that part scares me.

But the school thing is what is like dang I gotta do it, cause the goal for me is to become an RN and get one or the ERs 24hr shifts, and dh can just stop working for awhile. We have ALOT in savings, but nursing school would eat alot of that up in no time and if you can go to school free, why not ya know?

Quoting beadingmom17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnCmommy525
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM
I would apply for sure! But if really given the choice I'd be a sahm, oh how I would love to be a sahm!
CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Courtney610
by Courtney on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)