Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
So there's this girl me and dh went to HS with. Well last yr he added her to fb. Instantly she started with the leave ur wife and kids for me BS and then would say she was pregnant, knew the gender @ 8weeks, blah blah then always "lost it"... she also became stalker-ish with me and him...well after that non sense he deleted her.

Well I just got a message from a mutal friend of mine, dhs and this other girls... my friend said she got invited to a babyshower for the other girl this winter but she's NOT pregnant its for her BABY DOLL and this girl is like 24yrs old. Lives @ home no job. She buys the doll real diapers, made it a fb, buys formula, bottles, real clothes ect...

At her age I don't see hoe this behavior is ok at all. Or why her parents encourage it. She's not mentally disabled or anything. My friend doesn't really know how to react and asked my advise but I'm unsure myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Replies (21-30):
babylove041810
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Maybe she lost a baby and went a little crazy so she uses the baby doll to cope. It would explain why she told your DH she was pregnant and "lost" it and knew the gender and everything. It's happened before. A lot of people who are already relatively unstable lose it completely when something tragic happens.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:22 PM
She's never been pregnant. She claims every month that she's about 8weeks along. None of her stories add up. She doesn't have a guy. She doesn't leave her house without her parents bc no job no car. From what. My friend knows this girl hasn't had sex since HS ... in HS she took all normal classes.
I think its an attention thing from being jealous. A lot of girls/guys from our HS have long term relationships, married, kids, ect.

Quoting babylove041810:

Maybe she lost a baby and went a little crazy so she uses the baby doll to cope. It would explain why she told your DH she was pregnant and "lost" it and knew the gender and everything. It's happened before. A lot of people who are already relatively unstable lose it completely when something tragic happens.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:27 PM
In HS she was relativly normal. She hung out with the outcasts/goth kids as did I.
idk what she's done since hs for sure other then never had a job, no college, no car, ect.
I checked out the fb... the doll is named after a guys daughter we know. She has more bottles and pacis then my 3month old. Ect O.o

Quoting RoxyJI:

I beg to differ about the mental disability.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaliyahImani
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
O_o she sounds like all her dogs aint barking no more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Well rather than sitting here and calling her things like nuts and what not, all I will say is there very well could be more going on than you have any clue about. She very well could have a mental illness, diagnosed or not. Obviously you aren't close to her, so id just keep my opinions to myself and move on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EslingerCrew11
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:32 PM
But you have NO REAL way to know or not.

Quoting lilmama8408:

She's never been pregnant. She claims every month that she's about 8weeks along. None of her stories add up. She doesn't have a guy. She doesn't leave her house without her parents bc no job no car. From what. My friend knows this girl hasn't had sex since HS ... in HS she took all normal classes.

I think its an attention thing from being jealous. A lot of girls/guys from our HS have long term relationships, married, kids, ect.

Quoting babylove041810:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM
Crazy town!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ruby_jewel_04
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM
She needs an evaluation. There is something seriously wrong with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM
That actually makes me feel kind of sad for her...obviously she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal and needs help, but if her parents coddle her, it's just going to keep feeding her instability and she'll never get the help that she needs.

Wonder if she'll actually go through with the shower...and if people will actually show up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM
From what I'm told none of her friends are going they all find it weird. They don't even talk about it really when she brings it up they change the subject.
Her parents don't care whatever keeps her off their butts. Her entire room is full of baby stuff.

Quoting beadingmom17:

That actually makes me feel kind of sad for her...obviously she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal and needs help, but if her parents coddle her, it's just going to keep feeding her instability and she'll never get the help that she needs.

Wonder if she'll actually go through with the shower...and if people will actually show up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN