Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone ever had a really heavy period WHILE pregnant???

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hey has anyone ever gotten there period while pregnant???

I came off of seasonique and had LMP on September 1st

Intercourse was September 17th

I was pretty sure i was pregnant, i took several tests that were plainly negative... then i had one that was faintly positve, took a few others same result but just barely, like almost invisible to the naked eye, then they started coming back negative again so i thought chemical or i'm just hallucinatory...

A few days before i got my period again i started getting sick... i thought it was morning sickness, i also had headaches and backaches... (still having this) and i started having to go to the bathroom a lot more... not all of it really bad just off and on... I thought maybe my gut feeling was right and i was pregnant especially because my period was due and i was late...

On the 4th i started cramping so badly i thought i would pass out... I started bleeding heavily like more so then is normal for me... i assumed it was a miscarraige if i was pregnant... took another test and it was negative... i had bought multiple dollar store tests because i wanted to keep track... i assumed i had lost the baby i was so sure i was pregnant with...

only today (still on my period) i tested again just for the heck of it... and it was positive, not faint faint like the others where i had to hold it to the light, but in 3 minutes i had a barely pink line... not enough to pick up in this lightign on a camera but it was for sure there... i didnt even have to hold it to the light...

But i'm on my period....

i read thats possible... has it happened to anyone else???

Please let me know... if i'm pregnant i need to find a doctor

I'm going to get a blood test done this week per advice of others on here, but wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else... 

Thanks

Naomi

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:03 PM

BUMP!

MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:14 PM

BUMP!

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

with my dd I had a regular period, I bled for 5 days, thats the reason I didnt know I was pregnant until I was about 2 months

MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

did you cramp or anything???

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

with my dd I had a regular period, I bled for 5 days, thats the reason I didnt know I was pregnant until I was about 2 months

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:42 PM

yea I had light cramping, nothing to serious. I didnt even have any pregnancy syptoms until I was 3 months after I had already found out.

Quoting MemoriesErased:

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

MemoriesErased
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:51 PM

well you've given me hope, thankyou so much i appreciate it... i'm so worried...

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

yea I had light cramping, nothing to serious. I didnt even have any pregnancy syptoms until I was 3 months after I had already found out.

Quoting MemoriesErased:

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Lovin_mybaby5
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:29 PM

your welcome....but you should see you doctor

Quoting MemoriesErased:

well you've given me hope, thankyou so much i appreciate it... i'm so worried...

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

Quoting MemoriesErased:

Quoting Lovin_mybaby5:

ladybugmom2010
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM
It could have been implantation bleeding. Follow up with your doctor. Good luck. I didn't have any bleeding with my daughter but I have read about bleeding during pregnancy. Each woman body is different.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:33 AM
I had a normal period with my youngest. I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks later and I was already 8 weeks along. A few weeks ago though I took many tests all had faint second line took an ept digital that said "pregnant". A few days later I started bleeding really bad and passing clots. The next day I took another digital that said "not pregnant" so I miscarried very early. We're trying again though. Good luck!!
MusicMuse1991
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:35 AM

there's no such thing as a period while pregnant. a period is getting rid of the unfertilized egg. the bleeding experienced in pregnancy is known as implantation bleeding.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)