Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need thoughts/opinions on this

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our third child. Dd is 6 and ds is 5. After ds, I donated ALL of our baby stuff because we weren't going to try for another baby soon and we didn't really have the room to store all the stuff. Plus, we weren't using it so I thought donating it was the best choice.

Now that I'm pregnant, I'm wondering if it's tacky to have another baby shower. I had one when I was pregnant with dd, but not with ds. They are 14 months apart so we had everything we needed except clothes and diapers.

Some people have said its tacky to have a baby shower after your first because it's a little greedy. Do you agree?? And no, I wouldn't be throwing a baby shower for myself. My mom will be doing it. I'm just curious to see what other moms think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (21-30):
PrOuDMaMaOf0611
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM

First of all , you know your friends and family better and its your choice if YOU want to do this or not. Personally  I know moms who have had a baby shower with all there kids , no matter how close or far apart they were in age. With the economy , times are tough for everyone and its going to be hard to for some to come up with a gift too mabey. Be creative , and throw a different kind of party if so. Time are hard for all.

I am all about saving money when and where ever. So with this being baby #3 I would get some new things (crib, stroller, car seat ,etc.) other then that I would go to a DECENT/GOOD second hand store and you can find brand new clothes or gently used clothes in great condtion . Same with toys ..as well for a cheap price beside, they grow so fast and he/she wont even know the difference. As long as there is love in the house , food in the belly, and clean clothes on his/her back ... your on the right page , right?

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I think  it is perfectly fine to have another shower those that say it is tacky are people that don't want to get someone something or what ever.

TempestRayne
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quoting crabtreemommy:

Not tacky! I think of baby showers as celebrating another life coming into our lives. There is nothing wrong with it. And since you donated all your stuff... more reason you should have one! :)

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I don't see why it would be tacky. It's been years since you've had a baby around and you don't have any baby stuff. How is it greedy to have a shower??? Maybe I'm not the best one to ask, though...I had a shower for each of my pregnancies (4, one of them twins).

Alexis Emma 10-13-1999 - 12 years old
Kirsten Leslie 03-14-2004 - 8 years old
Sarah Mackenzie 08-14-2007 - 5 years old
Charlotte Amelia & Harmon David 04-12-2012 - 6 months old

livelaughlov26
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:43 AM
I don't think its greedy. If I have more kids I will have a baby shower for each one.
jesusyangela
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:17 AM

baby showers are for gifts to the baby or to help with baby...  the way i see it would be like only allowing your first child to have birthday parties because it would be greedy to give a party for the other kids lol def have a shower!

mrssmitley1210
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I had one for my 3. He was the only one I had one for. My husband and I divorced and I am now engaged to someone else. He wants us to have a baby in about 5 years. He wants to throw me a shower. At that point My youngest will be 6 and it will be my 5 kid

Lilindian
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I PERSONALLY ONLY HAD ONE FOR MY FIRST CHILD WHICH WAS A BOY AND THEN MY SECOND ONLY CAUSE THAT WAS A GIRL. NOW I'M GOING TO A SHOWER ON SATURDAY FOR MY COUSIN AND IT'S HER 4th BUT HER ONLY GIRL,SO. IN SITUATION I DON'T SEE ANYTHIN WRONG AS LONG IT'S NOT YOU THROWING IT. LIKE YOU SAID YOU NEED EVERYTHING SO. GOOD LUCK,CONGRADS ON BABY 3. WHAT ARE YOU HAVING?

-Kney-
by Courtney on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Im 32 wks along with my second and next saturday is my baby shower.. my oldest is 6 and i never kept anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Not tacky. I had a baby shower for my oldest dd, but didn't get one for my second dd, they are 16months apart so I already had what I needed for the second baby. My second baby got gifts at the hospital and after we went home too. I did get another baby shower for my third baby because that one was a boy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN