Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need thoughts/opinions on this

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our third child. Dd is 6 and ds is 5. After ds, I donated ALL of our baby stuff because we weren't going to try for another baby soon and we didn't really have the room to store all the stuff. Plus, we weren't using it so I thought donating it was the best choice.

Now that I'm pregnant, I'm wondering if it's tacky to have another baby shower. I had one when I was pregnant with dd, but not with ds. They are 14 months apart so we had everything we needed except clothes and diapers.

Some people have said its tacky to have a baby shower after your first because it's a little greedy. Do you agree?? And no, I wouldn't be throwing a baby shower for myself. My mom will be doing it. I'm just curious to see what other moms think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (31-40):
Moeff
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:58 AM

No not tacky. Why shouldn't each baby be celebrated! If someone doesn't agree they don't have to attend. Even if you saved your things people usually buy alot of disposable things, diapers etc. Its not like your having a bridal shower for the 3rd time. That would be a bit silly!

Kayla060812
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM
I didnt with my second son because they were like 16 months apart. I wish i would have had someone to throw me one for my third little guy 4 years later. Go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmylilbean
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:07 AM
For me a shower is to celebrate each new baby. My dd is 16 months and I will have a shower for dd#2 due in February. My friend is throwing it. I also donated most of our baby stuff, but I'm not asking for gifts... If they bring something awesome, if not thats still fine. I just mostly want to be able to fill out her baby book and not have the shower page empty!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamagoogins
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I don't think it's ever tacky to have a baby shower whether it's the second or the fifth.  It is a celebration of a new life.  I think your friends will understand your situation and be happy to help out.  Even if you hadn't thrown everything out, you could still have had a shower but asked for things that every new baby needs like diapers and butt paste, etc.  Celebrate each and every child!

3mom627
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Friends of my sister had a baby shower for her third child because there was 6 years between her last one. If your mom wants to throw you one, let her. I am sure your friends and family will be more than happy to contribute.

Ivonne44
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I had two surprise baby showers for my first & lots of gifts! Why would that be tacky? It was nice surprise to me! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
datssumsheet
by Sarah on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Go for it!  :)  Now if your kids were 1 and 2 it would be tacky to have another shower....lol

MrsQuinn06
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM
My family threw me a shower for both my dd and ds. They are 23 months apart. I knew we would eventually have another baby and we had the extra space so we saved all of their clothes. Now with baby #3 on the way, my best friend and my kids (now 6 and 4) are conspiring to throw me a tea party/baby shower. I'm ok with it and if people want to bring gifts, great. But if not, that's perfectly fine, too. This one will just be a fun celebration that the kids get to take part in, too.
shilohkitten
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM

This.  

Which is the same reason I think wedding registries are tacky.  Whoever thought it was ok to expect gifts because you are getting hitched is crazy.  

Quoting JG86:

It's tacky to have one if the reason is to expect gifts for a third child.

TypeAndRun
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 3:33 PM

yes....very

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)