Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need thoughts/opinions on this

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with our third child. Dd is 6 and ds is 5. After ds, I donated ALL of our baby stuff because we weren't going to try for another baby soon and we didn't really have the room to store all the stuff. Plus, we weren't using it so I thought donating it was the best choice.

Now that I'm pregnant, I'm wondering if it's tacky to have another baby shower. I had one when I was pregnant with dd, but not with ds. They are 14 months apart so we had everything we needed except clothes and diapers.

Some people have said its tacky to have a baby shower after your first because it's a little greedy. Do you agree?? And no, I wouldn't be throwing a baby shower for myself. My mom will be doing it. I'm just curious to see what other moms think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Replies (41-45):
momtotwo08
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
No it's not. I had showers with both of my boys and will with my 3rd if we have another.
juliemom308
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I think a mom should have a shower for every baby. I see it as celebrating a new child coming into your family. Why not have a shower for a new adopted child too for that mater.

adreanna2008
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM

No. Every baby is a blessing and a reason to celebrate

rayroe2
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

No, not tacky.

AnyahRaheel
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 8:48 AM
have another shower.. Why not every pregnant women deserves to be spoilt no matter how many babies shes had.. Good luck & i wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.. :D
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN