Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Did you have a planned or surprise baby (or babies)?

Options:

Planned

Surprise

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

Was you baby (or babies) planned or were they pleasant surprises?

How old were you and your DH/ SO with them?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
HannahLee87
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I adopted both my children. We have been ttc for 6 years and NOTHING!! So this one was a planned surprise! I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow. I'm just praying that everything keeps going good :) I'm 25 and hubby will be 26 in a few days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Oh yea none of them were planned. I guess I am just a fertile SOB :) 

1 was on the pill... 2nd I wasnt on anything and we werent really TRYING to get pregnant but we werent being careful either....

this one I was going to switch birth controls... and then I had my spinal surgery so the dr said wait  month because the meds I was taking after the surgery would make the BC not work.. and ta da! 

Meg2011425
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:54 PM
A total surprise. I was 21 and my ex was 21.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaslilmen
by Kimmy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Oldest was an oops. Youngest was planned. Bean is a mix of both..we were ttc but decided we needed a break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
milf0811
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:20 PM

all 3 pregnancies were a surprise. with my DD I was 25 when I had her and DH was 31. DS I had him at 28 and DH was 34 and now with this pregnancy I will be 30 when baby arives and DH will be 36.....I cant wait to find out if we are having a boy or a girl so we can pick the name and go shopping lol.

fahmom
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1st was planned when I was 23 and DH was 26 and our DS was born when we were 24 and 27. We are pregnant with our second planned pregnancy and will be 25 and 28 when our second is due.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Both

Oldest was a surprise, youngest was planned :)

SourRoses
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:26 PM

the first time it was a surprise. we were 16 and 17 at the time and no it was not a great surprise lol because of the circumstance, but we decided to parent and i wouldn't change the past for anything. when i was 25 we decided not to have anymore children so i was on the pill; i missed a few and once again a surprise pregnancy lol but this time we were at least adults and had the means to have another baby. although we didn't want a second child it happen and again i wouldn't change the past for anything. i love my 2 kids and they make my life complete.  after that i had my tubes tied lol i don't want anymore surprises. :)

atmsmom2011
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Men get baby fever lol

Quoting Simple-Beauty:

DD was planned. We started TTC shortly after we got married and miscarried twice, she was born when we were 22, a few months after our 2nd wedding anniversary.

DS was half planned. Never trust a man with baby fever to pull out, especially not after a few glasses of wine (I was between birth controls at the time...switching to the Nuva Ring from the pill)! We were 27 when he was born.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atmsmom2011
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:31 PM
I found out I sad pregnant bth time when I was considering getting on bc but we weren't preventing it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)