Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Poll

Question: Did you have a planned or surprise baby (or babies)?

Options:

Planned

Surprise

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 81

View Results

Was you baby (or babies) planned or were they pleasant surprises?

How old were you and your DH/ SO with them?

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Replies (41-50):
3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM
My two older kids were planned. Our youngest was a pleasant suprise. We weren't goin to have her so soon but oh well. I love that lil stinker.

Oh....with the 1st I was 19 and he was 23. With the last I was 24 and he was 28. And somewhere in between with our middle child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM
first was planned i was 26 and dh 43. Second big surprise. I was 26 when i found out i was preggo dh was 43
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KRYSTALK1013
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM
I'm pregnant with our first. She was a "planned surprise." We were ttc, but were told by my doctor that due to a health issue I have that it would probably take us a while to get pregnant. That wasn't the case at all. It only took us 2 cycles. I'm due on Saturday, and I'll be 25, he'll be 26 when she's born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bleedhairspray
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

neither. We weren't really trying to and we weren't really preventing it. We've always just been on the terms if it happens it happens. Two years of no prevention before it happened.

cLanief
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM
Both my kids were Surprises.. First one a NOT good surprise and second was a given up hope after trying 3 years.

Oh and I was 20 with my first and x was 25? And second I was 25 and him 28ish?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach0307
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Our son was planned. DH and I were married and 22 when he was conceived, 23 when he was born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fellie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Planned. My first I was 15 & continuously guilt tripped into sex. I knew it was going to happen. My second I was 18 & hubby was 22 and she was VERY planned. Now we're trying for planned baby #3.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
mcvencil
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Not to pry or anything, but what made you feel like planning baby #2 at 18 was good? No criticism at all here! I'm trying to convince my hubby that it's ok for us to have baby #2. I'm 21 and he's 27.He's concerned that we'll be (well, I'll be mostly) overwhelmed with 2 kids (our son will be 2 on the 29th). Thoughts?

Quoting Fellie:

Planned. My first I was 15 & continuously guilt tripped into sex. I knew it was going to happen. My second I was 18 & hubby was 21 and she was VERY planned. Now we're trying for planned baby #3.

Fellie
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Well I guess it just seemed like the perfect time. Our oldest was 2 & hubby wanted a biological baby of his own, and we didn't want our children too far apart. He had a stable job that allowed me to stay home & we had a house. We lost both those things by the time she was born thanks to the economy but it still worked out really well...lol. We'd always talked about wanting a little natural birthed, breastfed little baby of our own. Now I'm 22 & he's 26 and we want another little boobie monster! We've wanted one for two years but waited until his job was a little more stable. Waiting was hard but both times it just felt like the "right" time. It's just right for us. I'd talk to him about it, maybe babysit a few babies. Show him you can do it.

Quoting mcvencil:

Not to pry or anything, but what made you feel like planning baby #2 at 18 was good? No criticism at all here! I'm trying to convince my hubby that it's ok for us to have baby #2. I'm 21 and he's 27.He's concerned that we'll be (well, I'll be mostly) overwhelmed with 2 kids (our son will be 2 on the 29th). Thoughts?

Quoting Fellie:

Planned. My first I was 15 & continuously guilt tripped into sex. I knew it was going to happen. My second I was 18 & hubby was 22 and she was VERY planned. Now we're trying for planned baby #3.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
bloodytears1986
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM

DD was a surprise. I was 21 when I got pregnant and DH was 28.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)