Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How old is too old for a mate...?

I'm 24 years old, and my boyfriend is 33.

People look at me weird when they find out how old he is and wonder why I want to date such an "older man".

Lol I don't see him as "old". 9 years older than me isn't old...

Now if he was like 50, I'd get it.

So, how old is too old? Is your husband much older than you? And how does it work out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
jamsk8mommy1
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM
My husband and I are 9 years apart. My mother and father were 8 years apart. DH is 31 & I'm 22.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slashteddy
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:14 PM

DH is 31 and I'm 23. It works well for us. :)

Tink0711
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Df is almost 7 years older. No one has ever said anything about it. We get along great (most of the time lol).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:15 PM

My husband is 5 yrs older than me.I was engaged before and he was 10 yrs older than me and the difference wasn't an issue at all.

Rach0307
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:20 PM
As long as you're both adults, it doesn't matter :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM

My husband is 25 and Im 23 (today is my b-day). But my dad started sleeping with my baby sitter when I was younger. She was 15 and he was 26-27. Well they are still together and have 2 kids. They really seem happy. In my mind when I think about it, it's sick as hell what they did. But when I look at them now they are so right for each other. So in my opinion, if one person in the couple is at least 18 then no it doesnt matter how old the other is.

beco8627
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:39 PM
I started dating my husband when I was 19 and he was 27...everyone thought that was weird and my parents hated it. Now that I'm going on 28 and he, 36, noone gives a rats because it seems like there is no age difference at all
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryStrong84
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:40 PM
DH is 16 years older than me. It's just a fact, it really has no bearing on our relationship. Except that it burns his ex wife that I'm younger lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:44 PM
I'm 27. Bf will be 45 at the end of the month!

thats 17 years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nessasmomma
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 2:48 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

Quoting mommieof3_752:

My husband is 25 and Im 23 (today is my b-day). But my dad started sleeping with my baby sitter when I was younger. She was 15 and he was 26-27. Well they are still together and have 2 kids. They really seem happy. In my mind when I think about it, it's sick as hell what they did. But when I look at them now they are so right for each other. So in my opinion, if one person in the couple is at least 18 then no it doesnt matter how old the other is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN