Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How old is too old for a mate...?

I'm 24 years old, and my boyfriend is 33.

People look at me weird when they find out how old he is and wonder why I want to date such an "older man".

Lol I don't see him as "old". 9 years older than me isn't old...

Now if he was like 50, I'd get it.

So, how old is too old? Is your husband much older than you? And how does it work out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM
Replies (41-50):
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thank you!!! Your the first one to tell me Happy Birthday.

Quoting Nessasmomma:

Happy Birthday!!!

Quoting mommieof3_752:

My husband is 25 and Im 23 (today is my b-day). But my dad started sleeping with my baby sitter when I was younger. She was 15 and he was 26-27. Well they are still together and have 2 kids. They really seem happy. In my mind when I think about it, it's sick as hell what they did. But when I look at them now they are so right for each other. So in my opinion, if one person in the couple is at least 18 then no it doesnt matter how old the other is.

VictoriousTory
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Im 30 and my SO will be 40 in december.... Honestly we don't really notice an age difference unless we talk about things like music or tv.... he likes to ask me if I know a certain tv show or event and I'll be... "Uhh well.... I was 4..." lol Or he will say something like "Back in 95 I was doing a ton of ecstacy..." and I would be like "Oh well... I was in 7th grade..." He also uses it to explain why I like grunge. hahaha :)  

ClemFamily
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM

My hubby is 41 and I am 28 (13 years difference). My mom freaked at first but she has come around. To me age is just a number anyways.

SamanthaSage
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I have a friend who's dating and living with someone ten years younger than here. 35 and 25. Age seriously is just a number. It all has to do with maturity.

TexasWife
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:33 AM

he is 7 months older. I don't think 9 years is a big difference.

MamaLioness2012
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:35 AM
My df is 10 years older than me and we work out fine!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahg86
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Age is just a number I am 26 my husband is 35 works great we love each other there are some 80's references I get lost on and we laugh about it but if it works for you forget what everyone else thinks its your relationship not theirs.

mommyoffarmkids
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:25 PM
There is 16 years difference in me and my husband. Our only problem is number of kids we each wanted. He is 45 I'm 29. We dated almost 2 years been married 7.5 years, we have a 5 year old and we are expecting our 2nd. (This pregnancy wasn't planned and caused problems for a short while but now everything is back to normal). To each there own, we have had people make comments all the time when we were dating. But I wouldn't change it for anything him being older there were no games like when I dated my own age or a few years older. The craziest thing is my granny and his mama graduated together, his mama says she cannot be as much a part of our sons life as my parents because she is too old. But my granny that is her same age and my grandpa that is 6 years older than her have no problem being part of his life. ( I think mil just doesn't want to be part of any of her grand kids lives). There are things I think about when new baby is 18 hubby will be 64 I feel sure hubby will never coach little league or anything like that for our kids but they will have better advise than most, and because daddy is older before having our kids they we are much more financially stable than most with kids our kids age. Also not sure if he had kids or married before we were I would feel same but for us it works!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
som610
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My dad and step mom are 10 years apart. My sister and husband are 14 years apart. I don't see any problems with it.

My hubby and I am a year and 3 months apart.

Jazzimom03
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 1:41 PM

9 years is not bad  my fiance is ten years older and I got with him when I was your age we have been together for 7 years. Most guys in there twenties are not ready to be serious and settle down so what are we to do lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)