Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I think my 6 day old is constipated!

Posted by   + Show Post

Here is DJ! He was born last Friday weighing 4.7lbs. He was very healthy so after 3 days we were discharged. Normally, each time he eats he poops. He hasn't pooped since Tuesday and I am a little concerned! He is grunting and pushing but no luck. We have our first visit with the pediatrician tomorrow but this is my first baby so I wanted to know if their were any home remedies for constipation....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Replies (21-22):
clasater
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Is he taking the iron fortified similac or any other iron fortified formula? The extra iron can cause constipation, also if he is spitting up a lot he may need a more gentle formula or he may be lactose intolerant. I would ask Your ped about all those things as well. Glad you got him To go mama, I'm sure you both feel better! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sucker4myloves
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 4:48 PM

When my son was a newborn he was first BF then FF, and with both, he would go days without pooping. The first time was a four day stretch and I was beside myself with panic, the pedi said to try the vaseline/thermometer tip trick and it didn't work, so she said to leave it alone unless it gets up to ten days. Ask your ped tomorrow just to be sure of course!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)