Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

2 babies dead in my neighborhood *edited*

Posted by   + Show Post
At 3:21 this afternoon, our local fire dept got a call "house on fire, 2 kids inside, babysitter jumped out the window". By the time they got to the house at 3:23, the house was engulfed in flames. They found a 4 year old child dead on the scene. A 3 year old child was taken to a local hospital, where they were pronounced DOA. The babysitter is in critical condition at another local hospital.

My thoughts go out to the families of the babies & the babysitter.

Edit-apparently the babysitter was the kids' aunt. Also no cause determined as of yet (so far that I know of). The window was a 2nd story window. The aunt/babysitter is still in critical condition.

Will edit again if I get new details.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

NO NO NO. I can tell you 100% there is no way in hell I would leave that house without getting mine or anyone's kids that I was responsible, out of that house. Fight or Flight....No such thing when it comes to a mother and children....Its always FIGHT. I honestly cant believe u said that. 

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

It's easy to say what you would do in a situation like this, but until you've been through it you really can't say for sure.

While I would do everything I could to get my son out (My training as a FF helps tremendously) when your fight or flight kicks in, a lot of that control of what you should or could do turns into something you can't really control anymore.

Quoting Tink0711:

Me too. I would cover them with my own body to prevent them from being burned.

Quoting KarmaP2:

Id rather die with my kids than live without them. How sad :(

Quoting eringlading:

I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.

Caitlinsmom09
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM
So sad :( rip little ones
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Where did this happen at. I would like to be able to look it up and keep track of the story. I want to know the cause of this fire. It just doesnt sound right to me. The kids bieng in the 2 back rooms......her not calling the cops....just sounds fishy.

Quoting Tink0711:

So far that I heard, they don't know how or where it started. Just that they estimated it burned for 10 minutes total & gutted the house. That family has lost everything now.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

OMG, she didn't call the police? When I read this post I kinda wanted to mad at her too. Now I am mad at her. I would have had to call the police b4 I even left the house. I would never leave a burning house with out my kids or anyone else's babies, especially not babies that where left in my care. Do they know how the fire started.

Quoting Tink0711:

I kinda wanna be mad at the babysitter in this situation. She jumped out a window, leaving the kids inside. Sorry, if I have a sitter, I pay them to keep my kids safe. Plus 911 call came from the cell phone of the contractor working across the street who saw smoke.

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

I know a couple who escaped without their kids. They died. I could never leave a burning building without my kids.

Tink0711
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM
In Pittsburgh, Pa. In the Greenfield neighborhood.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Where did this happen at. I would like to be able to look it up and keep track of the story. I want to know the cause of this fire. It just doesnt sound right to me. The kids bieng in the 2 back rooms......her not calling the cops....just sounds fishy.

Quoting Tink0711:

So far that I heard, they don't know how or where it started. Just that they estimated it burned for 10 minutes total & gutted the house. That family has lost everything now.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

OMG, she didn't call the police? When I read this post I kinda wanted to mad at her too. Now I am mad at her. I would have had to call the police b4 I even left the house. I would never leave a burning house with out my kids or anyone else's babies, especially not babies that where left in my care. Do they know how the fire started.

Quoting Tink0711:

I kinda wanna be mad at the babysitter in this situation. She jumped out a window, leaving the kids inside. Sorry, if I have a sitter, I pay them to keep my kids safe. Plus 911 call came from the cell phone of the contractor working across the street who saw smoke.

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tink0711
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Exactly! Like I said before, if I couldn't get everyone out, then I stay with them.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

NO NO NO. I can tell you 100% there is no way in hell I would leave that house without getting mine or anyone's kids that I was responsible, out of that house. Fight or Flight....No such thing when it comes to a mother and children....Its always FIGHT. I honestly cant believe u said that. 

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

It's easy to say what you would do in a situation like this, but until you've been through it you really can't say for sure.

While I would do everything I could to get my son out (My training as a FF helps tremendously) when your fight or flight kicks in, a lot of that control of what you should or could do turns into something you can't really control anymore.

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Damn Right mama. I cant believe she even said that. To me that makes it sound like there is a chance she would leave with out the children. Im not trying to be a bitch but I just dont understand. There is noway I could leave and know that a child was dying in a fire by themselves. OMG it brings tears to my eyes thinking about those babies in there by themselves.

Quoting Tink0711:

Exactly! Like I said before, if I couldn't get everyone out, then I stay with them.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting AngeLnChainZ:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:35 PM

FUCK NO. I just watched the video. They said the babysitter was the kids aunt. Im not believing she left her niece and nephew in that house.

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Tink0711
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:50 PM
I only saw the 4pm news yesterday, so I wasn't all caught up. Now I wanna throw up. I would never leave my nephews & niece in a burning house while I saved myself & I sure as hell would expect my brothers &/or SIL to make sure my kids got out safely.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

FUCK NO. I just watched the video. They said the babysitter was the kids aunt. Im not believing she left her niece and nephew in that house.

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 2:54 PM

NO KIDDING. I cant even imagine what I would do or how I would feel if my brother did this. That poor family. God I just feel so bad for them. 

Quoting Tink0711:

I only saw the 4pm news yesterday, so I wasn't all caught up. Now I wanna throw up. I would never leave my nephews & niece in a burning house while I saved myself & I sure as hell would expect my brothers &/or SIL to make sure my kids got out safely.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Tink0711
by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 3:01 PM
I had to hug my kiddos a little tighter last night (I have a 12 yr old dd & almost 3 yr old twin boys). Then I read about Jessica Ridgeway, & had to check on them like 100 times last night. Momma got no sleep!

Quoting mommieof3_752:

NO KIDDING. I cant even imagine what I would do or how I would feel if my brother did this. That poor family. God I just feel so bad for them. 

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting Tink0711:

Quoting KarmaP2:

Quoting eringlading:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)