Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Most awkward convo with my 7 yr old....OMG

Posted by   + Show Post

I was watching that show "Bringing home baby" and there was a women on the tv giving birth. Well I was up cleaning so I didnt realize at the moment what was on the screen. Well my 7 yr old DD ask me " Mommy is the baby coming out of her butt"!! If you think thats bad wait till you hear what I said......"NO, babies come out of a women's WHO WHO", OMG I couldnt believe what I said.  My 2 daughters call their girl parts a WHO WHO. I dont know where they got it from, but thats what they call it. Now mind you this is a convo that I needed time to prepare for. I had no time to think about what to say. She just layed that question on me so fast. She turned back to the tv as I turned the channel and hasnt said anything about it to me.. P.S. she sat there for like 5 minutes and looked like she was thinking really hard???? So how bad is what I said???? I feel horrid!!!! And should I say anything else to her about it or just let it go????

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Replies (21-30):
freshmom88
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:48 PM
My DD had known babies come out of privates since she was 2... I almost let her be in the room when DS was born. She is 5 now and knows all about birth...
Its life... she is very mature about it. I think it could be more traumatizing for a young girl to find out that info at an older age as opposed to a younger age... my daughter thinks its normal...and it is..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM
My ds and I talked about how babies come out of a mommys tummy when he was 3. He knows they come out of a women vagina. Not a big deal in our family. Its natural.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:50 PM
Hmm my 5 and 7 yr old watch baby story with me all the time. They've known babies come out of your vagina for a while now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:53 PM
My son has always known babies are born via vaginae. I don't know from what age because I am a doula so he has always been around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

shes 7, my 3 yo SON knows that. i dont see what the big deal was, she asked you answered, if she has any other questions she will ask. btw, my dd is 9 and when we took her to the dr this year she was asked about development and what not, and dd clammed up. i was so shocked. then later i asked her about it cause she was obviously upset, and she started crying and was like girls bleed so much! how do you not die???? i had to explain how its like pouring out a cup, not turning on the faucet! lol.poor girl.

mommieof3_752
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I guess I just wanted it to be a planned talk. I want to be ready for it and plan out answers for possible questions. And I feel like I should have said something besides WHO WHO. She does already know about periods. She ask me last yr what my tampons and pantie liners where. So I guess it was about time to talk to her about it. Like I said all 3 were born via c section so thats all we ever really talked about was them cutting mommys belly and taking them out.

Quoting kissmiss213:

shes 7, my 3 yo SON knows that. i dont see what the big deal was, she asked you answered, if she has any other questions she will ask. btw, my dd is 9 and when we took her to the dr this year she was asked about development and what not, and dd clammed up. i was so shocked. then later i asked her about it cause she was obviously upset, and she started crying and was like girls bleed so much! how do you not die???? i had to explain how its like pouring out a cup, not turning on the faucet! lol.poor girl.

TheBabyFactory4
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Um my 8yo and 7yo DD have been knowing for many years and my 5yo DS has known since I was pregnant with Jacob. My girls know about csections too. My oldest has an idea about how the baby got in mommy's tummy too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kissmiss213
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:09 AM

well that makes sense then. it makes sense since they were all csection. you wont have all the answers nice and neat tho cause you dont know what she will ask.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

I guess I just wanted it to be a planned talk. I want to be ready for it and plan out answers for possible questions. And I feel like I should have said something besides WHO WHO. She does already know about periods. She ask me last yr what my tampons and pantie liners where. So I guess it was about time to talk to her about it. Like I said all 3 were born via c section so thats all we ever really talked about was them cutting mommys belly and taking them out.

Quoting kissmiss213:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Well you will never know what will be asked. Just be truthful and age appropriate.

Quoting mommieof3_752:

Quoting kissmiss213:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 12:35 AM

7?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN