Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Please read baby Alissa's story and help me get a re-trial for her birthday.

Posted by   + Show Post
Baby Alissa was given up by her birth mom Kelli to Kelli's cousin Christy Shaffer. Who in just three months managed to break Alissa's arm, shove something so hard into Alissa's mouth it left a gaping wound in it, rip out Alissa's hair, beat her and finally managed to wack her upside the head killing her. Christy was charged merely with neglect and served only 77 days in jail because her father has connections. I as a mother of two beautiful children cannot stand by and let this happen. On November 2nd of this year, Alissa would be 5 years old. My gift to her is to try and help Bernice Bucaffari get all the signatures she needs get this re-trial. Every single day until we get all the signatures needed and then some, i will be posting Alissa's page and petition. This is my way of fighting for her. Please share this for at least one day. And if you are affected by it the way i am, please write a letter insisting that this case be re-opened and Christy Shaffer be charged accordingly for MURDER.

Send your letters to:

LaGrange County Prosecutor's Office
114 W Michigan Street Ste. 5
LaGrange, IN. 46761-1853
If you think this is SPAM it is NOT! For more info on this story visit: BabyAlissaCries4Justice.org
To sign the petition- http://www.change.org/petitions/indiana-state-attorney-general-open-a-state-murder-investigation-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
Rosie321
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:53 PM

For all those that live in Indiana, they need you TODAY for baby Alissa. Please go to babyalissacries4justice.org for more info.

Rosie321
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Sign the petition too and spread the word!!!!

sucker4myloves
1 mom liked this

I will write, I promise. I will ask my husband and my neighbors to write as well.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

crabtreemommy

Also.. site is down. I will research more on what happened at trial. 

Quoting Rosie321:

Please go to babyalissacries4justice.org for more information. Double jeopardy does not apply to this case. She was never charged for murder. Murder was not even an option for the jury. She still can be charged.

Rosie321
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Ugh! Stupid site!!!! LOL. Keep trying. PLEASE!!

Rosie321
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Thanks so much!

Rosie321
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:57 PM

If any of you are in the Chicago area. I am looking for a local army for Alissa. Please let me know.

livelovelaugh85
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Signed.....this is so sad

norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Only if she were charged with neglect again using the same evidence. They would need to charge her with murder.

Quoting crabtreemommy:

Re-trial is double jeopardy and it wont happen.  This whole situation makes me sad. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crabtreemommy
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I didnt know she wasnt tried for murder... until the OP told me.  All I know is that she had a plea deal that got her 10 years that turned into 77 days.

Quoting norahsmommy:

Only if she were charged with neglect again using the same evidence. They would need to charge her with murder.

Quoting crabtreemommy:

Re-trial is double jeopardy and it wont happen.  This whole situation makes me sad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN