Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Please read baby Alissa's story and help me get a re-trial for her birthday.

Posted by   + Show Post
Baby Alissa was given up by her birth mom Kelli to Kelli's cousin Christy Shaffer. Who in just three months managed to break Alissa's arm, shove something so hard into Alissa's mouth it left a gaping wound in it, rip out Alissa's hair, beat her and finally managed to wack her upside the head killing her. Christy was charged merely with neglect and served only 77 days in jail because her father has connections. I as a mother of two beautiful children cannot stand by and let this happen. On November 2nd of this year, Alissa would be 5 years old. My gift to her is to try and help Bernice Bucaffari get all the signatures she needs get this re-trial. Every single day until we get all the signatures needed and then some, i will be posting Alissa's page and petition. This is my way of fighting for her. Please share this for at least one day. And if you are affected by it the way i am, please write a letter insisting that this case be re-opened and Christy Shaffer be charged accordingly for MURDER.

Send your letters to:

LaGrange County Prosecutor's Office
114 W Michigan Street Ste. 5
LaGrange, IN. 46761-1853
If you think this is SPAM it is NOT! For more info on this story visit: BabyAlissaCries4Justice.org
To sign the petition- http://www.change.org/petitions/indiana-state-attorney-general-open-a-state-murder-investigation-for-the-fatal-beating-of-alissa-guernsey
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Replies (51-53):
Rosie321
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Hello everyone, I don't get to come on here as often as i would like but I really want to thank everyone for helping out with this cause. Big things are happening for Alissa. Things are coming out of the woodwork that are going to rock the hell out of that corrupt little town. I cannot thank you all enough. NO THIS WON'T BRING BACK ALISSA, BUT DOUBLE JEOPARDY DOES NOT APPLY, AND IF THAT BITCH GOES BACK TO JAIL, SOMEONE IS GOING TO MAKE HER FEEL WHAT ALISSA FELT, SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO WALK AMONGST US. THERE IS PLENTY OF PROOF SHE IS GUILTY, THE CONFLICT OF INTEREST BETWEEN THE JUDGE, PROSECUTOR AND KILLERS FATHER IS WHY SHE IS OUT RIGHT NOW SO SHE WILL BE FOUND GUILTY, AND THEY ARE ALL GOING DOWN WITH HER. I ask that all of you continue to fight for Alissa. Continue to spread her story and petition. The more signatures we get the better. If you haven't already, please go to Facebook and like her page to follow the story at babyalissacries4justice.org. The link to the petition is below. Thank you all again.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/toddler-tortured-and-murdered-sentence-10-years-time-served-77-days-neglect-federal-offense/rjGKM6BY?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Gastromama2007
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:42 PM
It's a good cause, but almost pointless. Although unfair, the woman served her time & double jeopardy laws will make it impossible to give her a retrial :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosie321
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It would only be considered Double Jeopardy if she was already charged with murder. She was not charged for murder, only Neglect Class B- a charge for a victim still living. We have a following of 85k+ people on her FB page. If you want to read more about her story please go to her FB page at babyalissacries4justice.org.

We also have a petition to the White House.

LaGrange County IN has an extremely corrupt Courthouse. You'll know why if you visit the page. We have heard the Double Jeopardy thing very very very often, but it is not the case.

Quoting Gastromama2007:

It's a good cause, but almost pointless. Although unfair, the woman served her time & double jeopardy laws will make it impossible to give her a retrial :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN