Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

circumcise?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 41 Replies
to circumcise or not? we are running out of time to decide. i'm not for it but hubs is. he thinks he will be self cautious about it and be made fun of, but i think its his body and should make the decision for himself and i'm scared of him being hurt too. help. we have to decide before he reaches 12 lbs and he is probably 9 right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM
We chose to circumcise our boys. And I don't regret it. Both of my boys slept during the procedure. And had very little discomfort afterwards.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyRose06
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I circumcised my son, he cried for a second and fell asleep. I don't regret it.

LMacD0809
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:29 PM
I had my son circumcised when he was a day old, he hardly fussed, and I think the only reason he did was because he was held down. I know so many people who have had to have it done later (8 +) and they remember every second of it
Gastromama2007
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM
6 moms liked this
Oh no not the discussion about baby weenies again ahhhh!
Abort thread, abort thread!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeline
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
My son isn't, but neither is my DF. We have no problems and DF has no problems either. It's a touchy subject for some, just do what's best for your son in the long term :-) GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BekkieBoodle
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:32 PM
We will have it done to our little man when he's born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:35 PM
5 moms liked this
Over my dead body will any of my future kids be circumcised. Over 100 babies die a year due to it, no health organization recommends it.... I could go on all day. The fact that over 60% of men in the US are circumcised, disproves your hubby's belief that your son would be made fun on. And why not teach him to be confident instead of hacking off a perfectly functioning organ?
The way I see it, if you're not sure, don't do it because you can NEVER go back and undo it. Good luck mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ParanormalSarah
by Member on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:37 PM
5 moms liked this
I don't support genital mutilation for any gender, for any reason. My son is not and can always do it later if wanted. His penis, his decision.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
And for those who "know people" who had to get it done later, atleast they are put under, given proper pain meds, and aren't stuck sitting in a nasty diaper. Majority of those people who "had" to get it done were probably forcibly retracted as infants.
If cared for properly, there's nothing to worry about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by on Oct. 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM
I would say no, but that's my personal preference. Luckily we had a girl and not a boy so we didn't have to make the decision, but after talking about it extensively in case of future male children we both came to the conclusion not to circumcise. Also, df is circ'd but doesn't agree with the practice. I would say do some research with your dh and try and come to a decision you can both live with. And I'm not saying look up every anti circ site and then decide, look up many different sources from all sides and make an informed decision.

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN