Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you do?

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
  • 1 Replies
Ok, so I am a stay at home mom and my husband works. He's got a very unpredictable schedule, and just got promoted so it's probably going to get worse. He gets the same two days off every week, but the days he does work, he never gets off when he's supposed to.
Before we were together, I was very independent. I worked and took care of myself, my mom and brother. But when I moved in with my husband, I grabbed everything I could take on a plane and moved across the country. And he took care of me, and has ever since. Which I'm so grateful for. But it's just not me. I love being a wife and mother more than anything. But being home 24/7 and not bringing in money to our home makes me feel so bad.
The problem is that neither of us want our son in daycare. We are not very trusting people, especially when it comes to our child, we only trust our parents with him. And for me to get a job I would only be able to work when my husband is home. Which limits my availability greatly. And no one wants to hire me because of that. I'm just so frustrated. I don't know what to do.
Sorry if any of that was confusing. I'm on my phone so it's a bit harder to organize my thoughts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Trixie1313
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:58 PM

My friend was the same way and didn't want to leave her child with anyone but her and daddy or certain family members so when times got hard and she had to get a job she got a job at a daycare where she could still be with her son and know what was going on. Just an idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)