Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

kindle fire!?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

our almost 6 year old LOOOOVES our iphones, and we are def apple people, BUT im thinking about getting her a kindle fire...thoughts? is it easy to navigate like an iphone? is it kid friendly? we would get the one thats $160 thanks for any advice yall can give me :)

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Unoriginal.
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 1:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Idk. I would maybe do an older iPod touch first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 2:02 AM
This, or an refurbished/used iPad you can get them from craiglist around 200-250 1st or 2d gen

Quoting Unoriginal.:

Idk. I would maybe do an older iPod touch first
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassdw
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

I love mine, but would get one with the 4G next time (it wasn't available when I got mine), and at least it doesn't have a keyboard for the little one to destroy like mine did with 2 of my laptops.  It's easier for them to operate than us, I'll tell you that much!  LOL!

tpaangel8122
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:27 AM

my 5 yr old loves ours! he plays it more than we do! we bought the thick $50 case for it too, def a good investment lol. I'd say go for it!

rmspaccamonti
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM
I let my 3 yo play games on my kindle fire! It is super easy, similar to the apple stuff!! You can do just about anything on a kindle that you can an ipad!! Plus it is way cheaper
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I had kindlr fire and glad i gave it away. I hated it. I have samsung galaxy 2. Much better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 12:18 PM
I actually just swapped my kindle fire for the new kindle fire HD and I'm in love! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jean1208
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:49 PM

They actully just came out with a tablet just for kids... and its really cool. its called Meep! and it comes preloaded with a ton of apps and ebooks and its perfect for that kind of kid that's all into techy stuff

Paperfishies
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM
My 9 year old loves hers. She has an iPad and kindle fire, got the fire for her birthday and she loves reading on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN