Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Prayers/thoughts needed...

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

My brother just came forward with me about his health problems and I am scared to death. I know why it was hard for him to say it because he knows how I worry and he doesn't want me to worry. But I just found out  that he has heart problems and he is only 21. They did tests on him, they called him back and it's a possible infection around his heart. :( I am so scared for him, he has a 7 month old daughter that is his world and I dont' want her leaving her so young and my son. He is the only sibling I have; my mom wasn't suppose to have kids at all so we are very very close with each other.

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dcn2010
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 9:57 PM
I'm sorry you have to go through this. Is the infection severe? Is it an easy fix? I know heart surgery is always tricky but its always best to look for solutions rather than think of him not making it. Be supportive for him even though it may be hard at first because he's going to need as much positive output as he can get. My prayers go to you and your family.
MAJL2009
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Thank you, I am not sure of all the details yet, but will know more this coming week. All at the same time, I just found out on Friday that I am having hip surgery on January 8. So it's been a lot in my family lately.

Quoting Dcn2010:

I'm sorry you have to go through this. Is the infection severe? Is it an easy fix? I know heart surgery is always tricky but its always best to look for solutions rather than think of him not making it. Be supportive for him even though it may be hard at first because he's going to need as much positive output as he can get. My prayers go to you and your family.

Dcn2010
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
There's a quote my friend would always tell me when I would be stressed out. "God never gives you more than you can handle." And even though at times it may seem like all this is coming down all at the wrong time, it's something you can handle. Live life not thinking of what will happen but for what you can do to make it happen. I know it's hard to keep you're head up, but keep it up!! Never dwell on things you have no control over, leave it to the big guy! He knows what he's doing and knows you'll all get though it.

Quoting MAJL2009:

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Prayers to him. Hopefully he has a good cardiologist and nutritionist who can help him fight this illness. 

mom2swtboys
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Prayers!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MAJL2009
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:59 PM

:) Thank you everyone, I know it's something we can get through and we will stick by each others sides through it all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)