Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

My daugthers eye lid is purple and it looks like its dropping, am about to take her in the ER just waiting for my aunt to get here to watch my other babies (they are in bed they have school) anyway I just thought I would ask you other mommies cause its freaking me out, it has not been like that all day I just noticed it about 30 mins ago while giving her a bath, so i got her ready to go to the er, Anyone ever seen something like this??

<br><br> answer for them about the carseat, I know how its suppose to be the bottom is not hatched, I had put her in the carseat right when I noticed her eye I didnt know my aunt wasnt at home she lives 5 mins away til I called her to see if she could come over and stay with my other babies. and thanks for all who answered about her eye I will do a update as soon as I know something, just waiting on my aunt to get here, and she does not act like it hurts I felt around it when she was in the tub and she did not cry or respone she just blinked lol. but I am still gonna take her in cause I have never seen anything like that

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Replies (31-33):
busymom64064
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:06 AM
Straps are WAY too loose and chest clip should be at armpit level. When you tighten the straps, you should do the pinch test. When you do the pinch test, you should NOT be able to get the straps between your fingers.

Quoting oneproudmamma:

whats wrong with the carseat lol?

Quoting SB2217:

Sorry, no help. Hope your little girl is ok and its nothing bad!

(Btw, be prepared for the bashing on the car seat.)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM
Omg shes too cute! Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busymom64064
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I agree. Ask ANY car seat safety technician and they WILL tell you that you would be surprised at how MANY parents do NOT know how to properly buckle their child AND in the correct seat, whether they have 1 or 20 kids. Also a lot of parents get too car seat happy (I guess you could call it that) and put their child in the next size car seat or booster WITHOUT researching.

Quoting SB2217:

Some people really don't know how kids should be strapped in. I don't know if she knows or not. I only mentioned it just in case (and for a moment I thought I was in MC and I was waiting for the bashing to begin).

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

Whats wrong with the car seat? The straps? Im sure she will tighten them before she leaves. When my son was little he hated being confined so I left the straps of the car seat loose before putting him into the car. It helped so he wasnt screaming bloody murder.

Quoting SB2217:

Sorry, no help. Hope your little girl is ok and its nothing bad!

(Btw, be prepared for the bashing on the car seat.)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)