Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

When did you...

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM
  • 26 Replies

Let family and friends visit you in the hospital after your baby was born?

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and I just have this feeling my baby girl will be here any day so I'm trying to figure out the last bit of details before she gets here and hubby and I don't know when we should start allowing visitors after she's born. Advice?

by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vanessabst
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that you should just wait and see how things are at  the time. I know that everyone will want to see you and the new baby, but it is up to you when they see you and baby.

chloemom531
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM
My aunts came the same day i had her
erin708
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:26 PM
With my first had visitors right after. My second they came the next day since she was born later in the day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I had most people in the waiting room and came in as soon as he was born. My daughter was both at 6 a.m. so they all came later on in the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveVenus
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

they all waited in the waiting room..Even came to the house when i brought them home.Just dont let no1 touch the baby without washing their hands or after smoking even if they did wash their hands the smoke stays on their cloths :) good luck

amanda81919
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 4:57 PM
That night, bc they had to help my dh with my car, it broke down on the way to the dr office(they told me to go to hospital), and an hour later( my sil and her husband came to drop off my son)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Everyone came the same day and after a c section it was exhausting! With my next I am going to ask everyone to wait until the next day.
FelixFelicis
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM

We only let our families in the day after she was born, and even then they all smoke so we didn't let them hold her or stay very long. I'd do whatever you're comfortable with.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
HizzPrincess
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 5:32 PM

When she was 5 hrs old my grandma visited at the hospital then Her godfather and sister came when she was 17 hours old, everyone else didnt get to see her until I was home. Unfortunitally no one even gave me one day to rest.

mamasbelly3
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM
If I could do it all over again I would wait till we were home. I felt my SO and I never had time to ourselves. I had a c-section , then had a fever/infection so I was in the hospital for 5 days. We didn't mind our parents but friends and co workers no. I felt like crap, wasn't allowed to take a shower till Thursday night (went in Monday) so I looked like crap.

I vote to wait.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN