Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I am very new to this whole military thing so I have a question. My kids are unvaccinated. My boyfriend just got his orders to be stationed in Italy February 2014. By then we plan on no longer being just boyfriend/girlfriend. Has anyone with unvaccinated kids ever done this? Will it matter that my kids are not vaccinated if we move to a foreign country?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:46 PM

What branch of the military?

novachick
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Air force

Quoting ambermario4ever:

lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Good luck with Tricare covering your kids or getting your kids to school/daycare on base. The military doesn't play with that shit. Trust me, I would LOVE it if my son never got a vaccination again in his life, but its hard to do anything in the military without vaccines.

Quoting novachick:

Thank you for calling, how sweet of you. I will keep trying. I will not be catching them up though, they will not receive any vaccines.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Called my mom, she said to google the Italy guidelines and see if waivers are eligible to that country, but she doubts it because military likes people to be fully vaxed.

You can use the CDC vaccination catch up list to find out what they need. They definitely will need Hep vaxes

Quoting novachick:

Do you have any idea on how to go about finding the guidelines for Italy?

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I am pretty sure they have to be fully vaccinated. My mom works at the military vaccination clinic and has to give many children their shots to move overseas. I would find out guidelines for Italy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
novachick
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know about the insurance but I am fine with homeschooling my kids :)

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Good luck with Tricare covering your kids or getting your kids to school/daycare on base. The military doesn't play with that shit. Trust me, I would LOVE it if my son never got a vaccination again in his life, but its hard to do anything in the military without vaccines.

Quoting novachick:

Thank you for calling, how sweet of you. I will keep trying. I will not be catching them up though, they will not receive any vaccines.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Called my mom, she said to google the Italy guidelines and see if waivers are eligible to that country, but she doubts it because military likes people to be fully vaxed.

You can use the CDC vaccination catch up list to find out what they need. They definitely will need Hep vaxes

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

I am pretty sure they have to be fully vaccinated. My mom works at the military vaccination clinic and has to give many children their shots to move overseas. I would find out guidelines for Italy though.
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Try this site. 

http://www.vaccinerights.com/exemptions.html#military

Quoting novachick:

Air force

Quoting ambermario4ever:

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

novachick
by Gold Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Thanx!

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Try this site. 

http://www.vaccinerights.com/exemptions.html#military

Quoting novachick:

Air force

Quoting ambermario4ever:

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Yeah they will end up paying out of pocket for insurance most likely. That sucks.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Quoting novachick:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Armymommy196
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Tricare will still care for your children and respect wishes of non vaccinated. As for going overseas they have to be vaccinated it in the overseas check list. They get vaccinated for overseas because different countries carry different issues. The CDC or base schools won't take them. Now if you are 100% firm in not getting them done then you might as well get comfortable in the states while he goes. Just did a year I get but with Efmp child we couldn't go over seas with him. Military doesn't care about beliefs when it comes to representation of the US in other countries and the last thing they need is a bad rep. Not saying that you would take anything over there but it's their job to protect you. It sucks I get it but rules are there for a reason. I really hope you find a way around it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:34 PM

lol Finding a doctor in Italy off base.. lol yeah thats going to suck! 

Quoting nocalmegan:

Yeah they will end up paying out of pocket for insurance most likely. That sucks.

nocalmegan
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Yeah def. They are super strict about that kind of stuff tho.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

lol Finding a doctor in Italy off base.. lol yeah thats going to suck! 

Quoting nocalmegan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)