Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spicy Spicy and even more Spicier!!!

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

Sooooo....hello everyone i am currently 16 weeks pregnant with my first. Yaaay!! So i have a question and it is, is it not so good to indulge on spicy things during pregnancy? Since day one before i even knew i was pregnant i would crave jalepeno peppers on everything. Now i have this craving for hot cheetos and orange juice but ive never had a problem with heart burn or them bothering the other end when they come out give some some advice on my spice filled feasts.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aidyns_mommy
by Morgan on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM
I love spicy when I was pregnant. I just couldn't eat it. My heartburn and morning(all day) sickness was too bad! I don't see anything wrong with it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEY1307
by Lauren on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was pregnant with my son, I are hot sauce on everything. I didn't have any problems.
I thought I was the only one that likes hot Cheetos and orange juice! Yum! Now I want some!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaZate
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:36 PM
I ate tons of spicy shit when I was pregnant with the twins. I have never heard of not being allowed to have it. I have heard of deli meat and soft serve though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemypregnancy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 4:39 PM

yes i herd of those thing too just didnt really know i was hearing alot of mixed things about it making the baby have really dry skin....and it causing miscarridge so it kind of worried me.

amanda81919
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
When I was pregnant with both my kids I had to eat spicy, literally one day without it and hartburn. Spicy no heartburn. Ate jalepenos, pablanos, hotsauce (on pnut mnms), at one point I was putting hotsauce in milk...his family said it was bc I was little jalepenos.but I never had any problems during. Carried to term, no health issues, you name it as healthy as can be. If you crave it, eat it.
lovemypregnancy
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:22 PM
thanks makes me feel a lot better about it. at first i thought i was the only one to crave and eat hot things since most always complain about how bas their heart burn is.
SadeAyosmom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

i ate heaps of chilli couldnt get enough... its was like food has no flavor without! my babies loved chilli :)

lovemypregnancy
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Chili sounds really good right now! Its cold and I'm hungry.
StarryRain
by Rain on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:49 PM
The only concerns are supposed to be later in the third trimester, when the uterus would be more sensitive to any contractions in the abdominal region, do spicy foods often can induce stomach cramps, etc.
sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh girl, I was all spicy all the time! Same as you, even before I knew I was knocked up, I had to have jalapenos on EEEEVVEERRRYTHING. And I couldn't eat jalapenos before, so I was suspicious! Indulge all you want. I never had heart burn in my life, and didn't have it while pregnant either. Jalapeno poppers became my favorite meal. And I would wake up around three am like clockwork, chug milk, and go back to sleep. Oh, by the way, congrats!

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)