Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms suffer from

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:35 AM
  • 16 Replies
Bipolar? If so, how do you death with it day in and day out?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Alot of members do on here.  Many will not admit it but those who do will help each other out as much as they can.

GreenEyes8707
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:56 AM
I have dealt with it, its a struggle everyday. And I wanna know tips on how others deal with it.
mandi0913
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I have been bi polar for 20 yrs and I struggled everyday. I now see a therapist once a week and a phychotrist for meds. When I start to get manic I get either few friends or family and we walk and talk and just spend time doing all kinds of stress free things plus I walk everyday just to help with stress relief and pent up energy it helps more than anything Ive ever tried before plus stay positive. Its a everyday battle but exercise and support from love ones makes the struggle easier and Help not feel so alone.
briebaby123
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Not bi-polar, but I HAVE noticed myself losing my patience more easily lately...it's scary

StarryRain
by Rain on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:41 PM
This.

Quoting briebaby123:

Not bi-polar, but I HAVE noticed myself losing my patience more easily lately...it's scary

Heather.Rose
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:51 PM

I was diagnosed about 6 years ago. I have been unmedicated for 4 years and convince myself I am fine. I honestly don't know if the diagnosis was accurate. I do have some pretty serious mood swings sometimes where all I do is cry. And lately I am physically and mentally exhausted. I dont know whats up with me.

I was also diagnosed with severe depression and PTSD 3 years ago.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM
Not bipolar, I have dissociative identity. I have good and bad days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I do. I was diagnosed when I was 15.  I was put on medication not safe for kids that age and it tore apart my body and made me even moodier.... I was struggled since then... the last 15 years... I was jaded by medications and drs and didn't trust ANYONE.... But after stopping my medication when I was 18 I found myself in a long downward spiral... it didnt help me ANY to have enormous stress being a single parent.... my crazy family who wasn't very supportive and going thru their own shit at the time and then being in a mentally and emotionally abusive relationship for 7 years,,,, in which he didnt understand my illness made it worse.... I mean it broke me...I used to cut myself a lot...  I ended up slicing my leg open with a sereded steak knife... getting 30 stitches and in the mental ward of the hospital for 6 days.... then I got put back on medication and finally understood in order to be better and to stay better I needed regular therapy and the medication... and finally admitted I had a problem that I couldnt take care of myself... I cant make the thoughts stop... or the feelings or anger go away sometimes although I have gotten a LOT better.... I've learned coping skills and not to get so angry... I havent been on medication for over 2 years because of my last pregnancy and then this one.... and I actually feel pretty good. I know the warning signs for me if I need to get back on them after this baby.. but Im hoping regular therapy sessions will get me thru that... If you have it or ever need to talk about anything, Im here to listen. I know what its like to not be able to shut your brain off or have a demon inside of you that wont go away.... 

singlemama0905
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I was diagnosed with it at one point in time...but as of now my diagnosises are severe double depression, unclassified mood disorder, anxiety, adhd, and borderline personality disorder.  i'm actually off all medications except for adhd meds for the first time since i was 16.  i got to therapy once a week though, and know that i CANNOT miss it.  even if i'm feeling great and think i don't have anything to talk about, just rambling helps get me through the next week.

TexasWife
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM

no. I know a mom who is but she isn't on here or facebook.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)