Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Trying to adjust.....

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well I just moved from Nashville TN to Hernando MS. I moved away from all my family and friends. It is a big adjustment and I am not sure I am handling in well. I miss my family especially my mom. I love having my own home with my fiance and our kids but I still feel so alone. He is a trucker and gone alot. I moved here because living here he gets to come home more often but I still feel like I am doing it all myself. I feel trapped and I am so afraid that I am going to begin taking it out on him when all he is trying to do is make me happy. What should I do? Should I just leave it all alone and act like everything is fine or Do I tell him how i am feeling and risk hurting his feelings?

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Angel_Red7
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up as a foster child. I didn't have any where to go at the age of 18 so I just came to TN. I have no family. I do not have but a few friends who work a lot and limited on time, just like I. I really try to engage as much as I can online. But I have my days and I do end up taking it out on my husband if I keep it all bottled up. My advice to you is to talk to him. Tell him that you are concerned that you might take it out on him so that way if you at some point unnoticeably do take it out on him he can be some what prepared. 

Moving is an adjustment, ESP leaving back a lot. It's an adjustment. It takes time. A lot of distraction to allow yourself to adjust.

If you don't want to give it time, just ell him how you feel. If you are unhappy it will effect your relationship. I'd rather hurt my husbands feelings over not wanting to live somewhere than ruin my relationship. He is a trucker? I am sure he must understand what it is like to not have anyone around...... 

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Welcome to the group and congrats on your engagement!  I don't know if I could've moved so far from everyone I know and love, especially when my SO isn't around all of the time.

(((hug)))

Msmomof3fromTn
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Thank you for taking the time to write.It is hard . I mean I aint that far from Nashville only about 3 1/2 hours but that isnt a drive i can or want to make often. 

Msmomof3fromTn
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Angel_red7 you are much stronger than I am. I am lost without my family. Especially my mom. Thank you for your advice. Ill definitly have to talk to him,

StarryRain
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:36 PM
How long ago did you move? I grew up in TN, and MS is a world apart unless you count. Memphis. I moved to Michigan after i graduated from high school and I will always consider Tennessee my home. It took a little time and effort, but I have many friends and people that are like family to me here now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DayDreamer1201
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM
I moved away from my family too. about 2 months ago. My hubbs is also a truck driver. if you want to add me you can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN