Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who has their Christmas tree up already?

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM
  • 39 Replies

This mama does, we went to the festival of trees this morning and ds loved it. I decided to put ours up today for 2 reasons:

1. Thanksgiving is almost here (less than a week! Yeah!)

2. The day after Thanksgiving I am pulling a 24hr shift and then the following week I am working 3 full days in a row so I will hardly have time. ( I'm a nurse) 

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VADIVA23
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:36 PM
My mom is behind in all her bills I was planning on getting one soon I have to catch up on all her bills so I had to rebuy all my daughter Christmas stuff that I put on layaway the tradition is to put the tree up after Thanksgiving but Im afraid that's not go happen this year .I'm so hurt that my holidays are not going as plan my stepfather passed away Tuesday I'm trying to heal from that and now it seem like my daughter will be without for Christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Evansmommy1130
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Quoting VADIVA23:

My mom is behind in all her bills I was planning on getting one soon I have to catch up on all her bills so I had to rebuy all my daughter Christmas stuff that I put on layaway the tradition is to put the tree up after Thanksgiving but Im afraid that's not go happen this year .I'm so hurt that my holidays are not going as plan my stepfather passed away Tuesday I'm trying to heal from that and now it seem like my daughter will be without for Christmas.

Sorry to hear about your stepfather. Hugs mama.  Maybe check out a few charities like Toys for Tots that could help you. To be honest we just moved last month and cost wise it killed us. Lucky for us I hit the after Christmas sales last year for all of decor and we started layaway in July so that my DS would have a good Christmas. We also don't go all out with gifts either because in one month we have DS birthday (Nov 30), Hanukkah( DH is Jewish), and Christmas so DS gets 1 big and a couple smaller gift for each occasion. Hope things get better for you.

missamanda86
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:46 PM

One more week! And I am so excite!!!

MommyRJ
by Randee on Nov. 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Sometime within the next week we will. I'm have to get a few new strings of lights and then ill be putting all my other junk up too. Our outside stuff is up tho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FelixFelicis
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I'm putting mine up Monday after our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow!! I can't wait!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Hell yeah! It's been up for weeks!
LongBeachLiz
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
I like it put it up just a few days before Xmas. With thieving dogs and toddler the tree is a rough time here.
busymom64064
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
We just bought ours tonight. I kind of want to put it up :-)
sissy852
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM
not yet. My dh had surgery. I have a almost 1 yo and taking care of my dh and i am 33+ weeks preggo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Mine has been up for a week just because I love Christmas and I love this tree. We bought it last year and I just love to look at it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)