Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
Please no bashing but I've come across very hard times and had to apply for food stamps. I got my letter today saying I was approved for expedited benefits and am getting $298 for November. There was another column that said I was eligible for dec through April and the amount it had was $550. Now it that per month till April or for the whole time till April
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Replies (11-20):
sissy852
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM
this

Quoting scarletlolita76:

No bashing here! Same thing happened on my end :( sucks but thats what its there for!!

Thats your monthly amount.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.thatsme.
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Quoting kayshalea:

I would think that was a month. You are only getting 2 something now because the month is half over
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SalenaTai
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM
I'm in CA, right after my son was born, my husband was injured extremely bad at work, and we had to do the same thing. We got emergency food stamps and it was for a half a month, then 4something a month for the first quarter, then we had to do a review to see if we were still eligible, but since my husband was able to go back to work the same month we needed to do our review, so we ended it, but, if you still qualify, you'll be able to send in the info again, and get then again. Times are hard, and if you really need it to feed your family, no judgment! It's those people who get assistance, and don't do what's supposed to be done with them, that make people angry! Good for you for doing what you need to make sure your family is taken care of.
hippiechik3
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM

In nm it runs every 6months. At the 6th month mark you will have to give new information.

Avetay
by Gold Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:12 PM
This. In april you will have paperwork to readmit. Good luck.
Quoting Meg2011425:

November you'll receive $298.

But from December to April its $550 a month for each month. No bashing same thing here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by Ashley on Nov. 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM
That's probably what they mean. $550 per month, but since November is almost over you'll get $298 to finish out the month

Quoting Meg2011425:

November you'll receive $298.

But from December to April its $550 a month for each month. No bashing same thing here.
MJuliet
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:32 AM

per month!

sucker4myloves
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:36 AM

You will be getting $550 a month in FS and you will have to renew it come April. Don't be ashamed. Do the right thing and try to get back on your feet, the right way, and in the meantime feed your family healthy and right.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!

REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LoveVenus
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:39 AM

expedited is emergency stamps for this month as of next it will be 550 till ur next review date,,,my sister is a worker for pa

busymom64064
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Quoting sucker4myloves:

You will be getting $550 a month in FS and you will have to renew it come April. Don't be ashamed. Do the right thing and try to get back on your feet, the right way, and in the meantime feed your family healthy and right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN