Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
Please no bashing but I've come across very hard times and had to apply for food stamps. I got my letter today saying I was approved for expedited benefits and am getting $298 for November. There was another column that said I was eligible for dec through April and the amount it had was $550. Now it that per month till April or for the whole time till April
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Replies (21-29):
mathernmom87
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:21 PM
So how long after you got your approved benefits letter did you get your ebt card
busymom64064
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Hun.....there is nothing wrong when you need a little help through hard times. So I don't think you will piss people off for actually needing the help. You will piss people off if you talk about food stamps and abuse the system..while people are paying for.

Anyway, I believe that it means that you get the prorated rate for November and then $550 a month until April. I have been fortunate to NOT need food stamps, but I think that in April you would need to reapply? Someone correct me if im wrong.

Nitsirk12
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM

no bashing from me. i get food stamps...and dont care what anyone thinks or says. so glad you are getting help you and your kid/s deserve!!!! there are programs for childcare, school/classes, WIC etc do some searching and youll find programs that also may help you. keep your head up.

. simple smile

Lindsey1126
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM
It's always less money the first month then you will get the 550 the other months and when it runs out they will send you a paper asking if their are any changes so you should still get it after that time.
RheaF
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM
Till the end of April then you will most like have a review. No bashing here, when DH was laid off we had to turn to the state for help. That is what it is there for, and after working for over 15 years,he paid into the system. So we do not feel bad for needing it. We still have state insurance because we can't afford it yet.
TexasWife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

550 a month you are only getting 298 for nov since it is almost over.

ekouf26
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM

It is 550 per month till April then they will look at your case again to see if you still need them or just less money. Dont feel bad your on food stamps so am i plus everything else the government has out there. email me if you have anymore questions about it.

Ali5683
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Wow, $550 for a month for food?! That's amazing. I don't spend that and I'm not on food stamps. I guess it depends on family size too. Great timing for the holiday though. Now you can have some great holiday feasts!! :)

LilMamaK
by Kaht on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM

If you're in FL, and I believe it's the same everywhere else, you will get that ammount each much untill May,

*~*Wifey To Tommy(2.4.11), Mommy to Allyana(7.5.08), StepMom to Aidan(6.5.07), & Our Angel Baby Jovanny(3.6.10)*~*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN