Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Worried about DD!!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
  • 9 Replies
She isn't wiping after she potties. We finally got her fully potty trained in September but I can't get her to wipe. I put a little baking soda in her water when she has a bath but I'm worried she's going to get some kind of infection. Has anyone been through this that has some tips?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TristaB
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM
I didn't trust my DD to fully wipe after 1 or 2 til she was about 4. Ready for preschool age. Sometimes I still use wet wipes on her after #2 (she is 6.5) but she is also on miralax so she has softer bm.

I would just keep wiping her yourself til she can fully understand
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM

No, because I let my kids wipe themselves but I supervise. If I see them do it incorrectly just because they are in a rush, then I will wipe. I never let them not wipe ,or do it the wrong direction. Of course, I can't be there forever but for right now until they get it down, i'm there.

babylove041810
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:18 PM
I wipe her when I know she's going but I don't always know (if I'm cooking dinner or in the laundry room and she's in her room playing) she's wipes really well when she does it. Right direction and everything the problem is just getting her to do it.

Quoting a06z08mama:

I didn't trust my DD to fully wipe after 1 or 2 til she was about 4. Ready for preschool age. Sometimes I still use wet wipes on her after #2 (she is 6.5) but she is also on miralax so she has softer bm.

I would just keep wiping her yourself til she can fully understand
tigersmommy10
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM

let her watch you and make it really really fun..add a little song maybe. aaaaannndd we wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe yaaaaaaaaaa..maybe?:P goodluck:)

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Then if you see she has went (not flush or what not) take her back in and try to explain simply that she needs to wipe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babylove041810
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Lol I might try that

Quoting tigersmommy10:

let her watch you and make it really really fun..add a little song maybe. aaaaannndd we wipe wipe wipe wipe wipe yaaaaaaaaaa..maybe?:P goodluck:)

hippiechik3
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

My DD forgets sometimes an her peepee gets red an I put medacaded cream from the doctor on it. All you can do is remind her.

zanderNerynMOM
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes when you realize she went without you knowing, have her stop and come back into the bathroom and wipe. I know my kids hate when they have to stop playing with their toys. So if you explain to her that she needs to wipe right then so she won't have to come back in the b-room. :):)

Quoting a06z08mama:

Then if you see she has went (not flush or what not) take her back in and try to explain simply that she needs to wipe.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)