Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I feel bad about this christmas

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
  • 43 Replies

DS will be 17 months this christmas and we can't affored to get anything for him, DH and i were going to just not buy for us and buy something big to DS but now we can't! and i feel bad bc now the only gifts he'll get "from us" is what Love Inc gets us i feel so bad i don't even want to put up our tree this year!  :-( I just want to cry!

hubby and i were talking about what we wanted for christmas and i told him i'd like a breast milk pendant, he wants tools! but maybe next year!

we put up our tree and man it looks pretty!

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Dollar tree has coloring books markers: crayond and lots of little things for $1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:10 PM
we are in the same boat. My ds turns 1 the 28th of november and and we cant get him anything for his birthday or christmas. :( i feel bad as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:11 PM

this is going to sound bad but we can't even affored that with all our medical bills we just don't have it this year! DS has had alot of medical probs this year!

Quoting Fields456:

Dollar tree has coloring books markers: crayond and lots of little things for $1

seraphimsong
by Ashley on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM

The good thing is that he won't even notice at this age. Can you make him something? Dollar stores have tons of stuff. If you can even scrape together a few dollars to get 3 things I'm sure he'd be estatic!

ashleigh24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM
I'm so sorry. Can you sign up to be on a christmas angel tree or something? That would help get him something. Put the tree up still though. Christmas isn't all about gifts. Look for christmas shows or light shows that are free to take him to have fun. We have people that set up a huge animated light show for xmas every year and it is awesome and free. They do it in memory of their son. Hopefully you can find something like that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM

i signed up it's called adotped a family for christmas it's throw Love Inc in my city and they buy gifts for the familys i just feel bad that we can't buy him anything with our money you know. and we try to do as much free stuff as we can! i'm just glad he's not like 4-5 years old where he would know that he isn't getting any gifts from mommy and daddy! that would break my heart worse!

Quoting ashleigh24:

I'm so sorry. Can you sign up to be a christmas angel tree or something? That would help get him something. Put the tree up still though. Christmas isn't all about gifts. Look for christmas shows or light shows that are free to take him too to have fun. We have people that set up a huge animated stuff every year and it is awesome and free. They do it in memory of their son. Hopefully you can find something like that.

ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I didnt have the money to have a bday party for my son last month. He turned 1. I couldnt even buy him a gift. And for xmas I cant buy my boys anything. Im thankful our social worker got us into a xmas program. So hopefully someone sponsors us. I just want them to have a good xmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleigh24
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Yes that is very true!!! At least he won't understand where the gifts are coming from. I understand you wanting to buy him something but just don't stress about that. You have plenty more years to make up for it. Everyone goes through hard times. I'm sure he will be a very happy kid on xmas.

Quoting Hoevegirl1986:

i signed up it's called adotped a family for christmas it's throw Love Inc in my city and they buy gifts for the familys i just feel bad that we can't buy him anything with our money you know. and we try to do as much free stuff as we can! i'm just glad he's not like 4-5 years old where he would know that he isn't getting any gifts from mommy and daddy! that would break my heart worse!

Quoting ashleigh24:

I'm so sorry. Can you sign up to be a christmas angel tree or something? That would help get him something. Put the tree up still though. Christmas isn't all about gifts. Look for christmas shows or light shows that are free to take him too to have fun. We have people that set up a huge animated stuff every year and it is awesome and free. They do it in memory of their son. Hopefully you can find something like that.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Alot of ppl are having tough times. Dont beat yourself up. You have each other and that is what should matter. And i like the idea about going to a light show! We have something called the rotary lights here. Its in a park and ppl can drive or walk around and see all the lights and trees. We go every year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Put up your tree. I know it is hard. Just make it enjoyable.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN