Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
  • 9 Replies
Okay so I have an induction date for the 27th of this month. I can believe my little girl is going to be here in a little over a week and I'm soooo excited!!!! But, I'm starting to get extremely stressed out, nervous and kind of just overwhelmed with everything. I'm a ftm so I really don't know what to expect! I'm so worried about money and how I'm going to handle everything. I don't want to fail my baby girl and am soo terrified I'm not going to be good at this..... Is it normal to kind of be freaking out this close to delivery???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrsApple
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Yes! I think many first time moms have that moment of panic close to delivery date.It's just the fear of the unknown.It'll be fine! 

alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Yes, I freaked out with each of my 3 girls. Try and stay calm, remember that millions of women do this everyday and your body is designed to do this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Today at 3:26 PM
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Definitely normal. Everything will be ok! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missamanda86
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Is it your first? Well actually I dont think it matters lol. I have 3, and was equally anxious and overwhelmed with each of them, because every labor is different. And parenting a trial and error with every child. You'll be a great mom!

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Very normal!! Remember to breathe! When you have baby girl (after delivery and home) Remember to try and stay calm. She will feel when you are tense. Take a break for you. You will still need time to yourself every once and a while
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Yes. Try to prepare as much as you can. Everything will go fine. Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HLmom89
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:02 PM
With my first i felt like that.
With my second i felt like that because the scaryness of being a mom to two kicked in.
But hey i did it and still learning. And i an sure with baby number 3 i will be feeling the same feelings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Super normal. Nesting is what I think the term is. You super clean and super freak if you think you have forgotten anything. You will be fine. She will hit your arms and it all just comes so naturally. You will learn her needs and she will learn about you. Really awesome actually.

adrianalea2012
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Thank you all so much!!!! I just didn't think I'd freak out like this! I've been so excited and anxious for her to get here and now that it's right around the corner I wish I had a littttttle bit more time. It went by so fast!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)