Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I'm due March 5th and I'm having a little boy.  I have a daughter but this is my first boy and when i first found out i was having a boy i automaticallysaid yes I'm getting him circumcised but now I'm not so sure I want to.  I've been doing research and I just don't see the point in it.  I mean honestly other than religious reasons i don't understand why someone would put their newborn child through that much pain.... to cut or not to cut.... that is the question.... help!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (71-80):
Infinite1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I'm not harassing you.  Your reasoning is just illogical.  You tell me I know nothing about the medical problems in your family, but you clearly know nothing about circumcision versus intact and how medical issues can be resolved without being circumcised.  Please do some research whether you feel it is necessary or not.  When you know better, you do better.  But you seem uniniterested in learning. =/  

Quoting sarah.xo:

Another one that is going to attack me for my choices, don't judge and harass me for something you know nothing about, you do not know what problems run in the family and you don't know what my son went through after he was born.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Yes... because you know your son had medical issues with his foreskin immediately after he was born... -__-

Quoting sarah.xo:

Medical issues with forskin on DH side is why we had it done NOT for cosmetic reasons.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Routine Infant Circumcision IS just for cosmetic reasons.

Quoting sarah.xo:

Public forum sweetie everyone is going to voice their opinion if you like it or not. I was not attacking I was just letting you know that it's not just cosmetic reasons.

Quoting SamsMama24:

Im not concerned with your parenting, you're the one that attacked my opinion. I was giving my opinion to op, who asked for it...

Quoting sarah.xo:

valid agument? why are you so concerned with my parenting decisions?

Quoting SamsMama24:

*In other words, you have no valid argument so you're going to be catty..gottcha :)

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Uh, lol...YOU stated that your doctor supported your decision EITHER way, i was simply saying that is not the same thing as recommending it. You're the one attacking my opinion, not the other way around...get it strait.

Quoting sarah.xo:

You have the right to your opinion BUT you DO NOT have the right to tell me MY doctor does NOT recommend it do you have the same doc as me? NO! you DO NOT know what conversation I had with my doctor and weather he as recommended it or not.

I'm DS mother and I will make a decision of what is RIGHT for him. I would rather my boys not have to have it done later in life because of problems that runs in DH family. It was 95% DH decision about it because he is the man and I don't know much about that stuff I just told him I was fine with it. It might be "ridiculous" in your eyes but not in mine!

Quoting SamsMama24:

In my opinion it should be your sons choice. In my opinion it is ridiculous. You're entitled to your opinion, im entitled to mine.It's great that your doctor supports you either way, that doesn't mean he recommends it.

Quoting sarah.xo:

It's still a personal choice, and just because I choose to do it does not make it "ridiculous" I live in Canada and was told by my doctor it's a personal choice he supports us either way.

I dont know what kind of health issues they have and how it would relate to being uncirc'd, but i do know, as someone else already pointed out, health organizations do not recommend it and most insurence doesn't cover it because it is considered cosmetic.

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Medical issues run on DH side of the family with the uncircumised men, he is done so is DS and this son will be done. So no it's not PURELY cosmetic!

Quoting SamsMama24:

There is no reason. It's purely cosmetic and i think it's ridiculous to put a newborn through an unnecessary procedure like that...just my opinion

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM
EXCUSE ME!! I did my research before ds was done, and we as his parents still decided that this is what we wanted to choose. Please before you insult me at least know if I did my research, when it comes to my kids I make sure I do research before making a decision. (DH is done as well and he made 95% of the decision) You don't know me and you don't know what steps I took don't assume I did not do my research!!

Quoting Infinite1221:

I'm not harassing you.  Your reasoning is just illogical.  You tell me I know nothing about the medical problems in your family, but you clearly know nothing about circumcision versus intact and how medical issues can be resolved without being circumcised.  Please do some research whether you feel it is necessary or not.  When you know better, you do better.  But you seem uniniterested in learning. =/  

Quoting sarah.xo:

Another one that is going to attack me for my choices, don't judge and harass me for something you know nothing about, you do not know what problems run in the family and you don't know what my son went through after he was born.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Yes... because you know your son had medical issues with his foreskin immediately after he was born... -__-

Quoting sarah.xo:

Medical issues with forskin on DH side is why we had it done NOT for cosmetic reasons.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Public forum sweetie everyone is going to voice their opinion if you like it or not. I was not attacking I was just letting you know that it's not just cosmetic reasons.

Quoting SamsMama24:

Im not concerned with your parenting, you're the one that attacked my opinion. I was giving my opinion to op, who asked for it...

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

*In other words, you have no valid argument so you're going to be catty..gottcha :)

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Uh, lol...YOU stated that your doctor supported your decision EITHER way, i was simply saying that is not the same thing as recommending it. You're the one attacking my opinion, not the other way around...get it strait.

Quoting sarah.xo:

You have the right to your opinion BUT you DO NOT have the right to tell me MY doctor does NOT recommend it do you have the same doc as me? NO! you DO NOT know what conversation I had with my doctor and weather he as recommended it or not.

I'm DS mother and I will make a decision of what is RIGHT for him. I would rather my boys not have to have it done later in life because of problems that runs in DH family. It was 95% DH decision about it because he is the man and I don't know much about that stuff I just told him I was fine with it. It might be "ridiculous" in your eyes but not in mine!

Quoting SamsMama24:

In my opinion it should be your sons choice. In my opinion it is ridiculous. You're entitled to your opinion, im entitled to mine.It's great that your doctor supports you either way, that doesn't mean he recommends it.

Quoting sarah.xo:

It's still a personal choice, and just because I choose to do it does not make it "ridiculous" I live in Canada and was told by my doctor it's a personal choice he supports us either way.

I dont know what kind of health issues they have and how it would relate to being uncirc'd, but i do know, as someone else already pointed out, health organizations do not recommend it and most insurence doesn't cover it because it is considered cosmetic.

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Medical issues run on DH side of the family with the uncircumised men, he is done so is DS and this son will be done. So no it's not PURELY cosmetic!

Quoting SamsMama24:

There is no reason. It's purely cosmetic and i think it's ridiculous to put a newborn through an unnecessary procedure like that...just my opinion

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SamsMama24
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

It's funny how you're allowed to throw your opinion out there but when someone else gives theres, you throw out words like "judge","harass" and "attack"

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting SamsMama24:

Infinite1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

If you did your research I don't see how you would still choose to circumcise.  If you research enough, you sort out what's accurate information and what's a load of crap and if you talk to men who wish they had a choice as an infant and men who are restoring their foreskins... I'm honestly not trying to be rude, I just feel sorry for all these misinformed parents - including you - who think circumcision is this great thing that's beneficial when it's really not. =/

Quoting sarah.xo:

EXCUSE ME!! I did my research before ds was done, and we as his parents still decided that this is what we wanted to choose. Please before you insult me at least know if I did my research, when it comes to my kids I make sure I do research before making a decision. (DH is done as well and he made 95% of the decision) You don't know me and you don't know what steps I took don't assume I did not do my research!!

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting SamsMama24:

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM
I'm done I don't have to explain myself to you. I will not allow someone to harass me about a decision I made that has nothing to do with them and NEVER will so please do not contact me again.

Quoting Infinite1221:

If you did your research I don't see how you would still choose to circumcise.  If you research enough, you sort out what's accurate information and what's a load of crap and if you talk to men who wish they had a choice as an infant and men who are restoring their foreskins... I'm honestly not trying to be rude, I just feel sorry for all these misinformed parents - including you - who think circumcision is this great thing that's beneficial when it's really not. =/

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting SamsMama24:

Infinite1221
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I wasn't harassing you and I'm sorry you think that I was.  Have a good evening.

Quoting sarah.xo:

I'm done I don't have to explain myself to you. I will not allow someone to harass me about a decision I made that has nothing to do with them and NEVER will so please do not contact me again.

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting Infinite1221:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

*straight

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting SamsMama24:

Quoting sarah.xo:

Quoting sarah.xo:

I respectfully disagree.

Quoting SamsMama24:

scentsymommie22
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I had my first son in May and we decided we did want to get him circumsized. IT WAS HORRIBLE! My husband and I both said if we had it to do all over again we NEVER would have done it to our baby...we did everything we were supposed to do as far as cleaning it and still everytime we changed his diaper it would be stuck and he would cry...then we would cry...i just don't see the point in it...But good luck on your decision...and congrats on your first baby boy!! 

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM
I've already decided if I have a boy he's not being circumcised. I see no point in it really. It's easier to clean it yes, but no one is lazy about their child's cleanliness I hope so cleaning and uncut genitalia shouldn't be intimidating or hard. I have nothing wrong with circumcised babies in just don't see a point if it's not religion.
GreenEyes8707
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:57 PM
If you choose not to, make sure you teach him how to clean it. I had my son done. My DH is not. But, sometimes they will have to have it done later in life because of an.accident. SOMETIMES
shortycmlb
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I think it's the childs decision when he's old enough IMO, but I personally like men uncut. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)