Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

So I'm due March 5th and I'm having a little boy.  I have a daughter but this is my first boy and when i first found out i was having a boy i automaticallysaid yes I'm getting him circumcised but now I'm not so sure I want to.  I've been doing research and I just don't see the point in it.  I mean honestly other than religious reasons i don't understand why someone would put their newborn child through that much pain.... to cut or not to cut.... that is the question.... help!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Replies (91-100):
VanessaCB
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sVaca:

Hi, i had my son in 2010 and my first thought too was oh yeah im getting him circumcised. We went through with the procedure and it is less of a hassel to clean. But during the procedure they numb the penis and then cut it... after that all you have to do is add vasaline to it every time you change him to keep from the diaper sticking to it and pulling off the scabs. I think it took my son about 1 week and a half to heal and after that it was nothing. My dr told me that if daddy is that you should make the son too... that way when it comes time for potty training the son isnt like "well why does mine different from daddys"

Then your doctor is a complete idiot. Mutilate your son's penis so he matches his mutilated dad. What a ridiculous reason to cut off a part of your son's penis. How about the dad seek a foreskin restoration instead?  My son is intact, my DH is not. Big freaking deal. I potty trained him and it was easy. If he ever questions why his penis is different than his dad's, I will tell him the truth. That his dad had his foreskin cut off at birth because we didn't know any better back then, but now we know better therefore he has his whole penis, the way nature intended him to be.

TheMommaJessie
by Bronze Member on Nov. 29, 2012 at 10:33 PM

it decreases risk of hiv stds aids yeast infections so worth it. they numb the area baby feels nothing.

Hi_Rae
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Okay. If you dont want your son circumcised, dont get him circumcised. I dont give a fuck what you do with your kids penis. I'm not going to argue with you about it. 

Quoting VanessaCB:

How about the actual owner of the penis? HE is the ONLY one that should make the decision, not his parents.

Quoting Hi_Rae:

No one can make that decision but you, and your dh. People have very strong views either way and are very quick to shove them down others throats. My ds is circ'd ftr, he fell asleep in the waiting room before hand, slept through the whole procedure until I picked him up to put him in his car seat.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM

What ever you decide just make sure it's an informed decision!  Do your research and do what you feel is the best for your family.  I have not yet decided what I'm doing with my son either.

I have mixed feelings on it, it's hard to explain the risks are slim for each and I don't think the benefits for each are so great that I should choose one over the other either, so I'm leaning towards not doing it.  I kind of feel like, if it's not broke don't fix it type of deal, but I don't know my husband is circumcised and wants his son to be, which I don't really see why not either...so we'll see.

wedding countdown

CafeMom Tickers

BamBamsmomma
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM
I just had my baby boy on the 16th of this month and it literally took me months to decide. I finally decided not to do it because like you I saw no point in it. It's a very personal and sometimes very difficult decision. Don't let anyone try to scare you into getting it done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mummy1990
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Its expensive. I didn't do it, and I wouldn't have even if I had the extra cash to do so. If doing it for religious reasons, I still don't see why. Its my son, but not MY penis. Its his choice what he wants to do with his penis.

weezer_cookie
by on Nov. 29, 2012 at 11:53 PM
My son is intact. Very happy with the decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Quoting VanessaCB:

Quoting sVaca:

Hi, i had my son in 2010 and my first thought too was oh yeah im getting him circumcised. We went through with the procedure and it is less of a hassel to clean. But during the procedure they numb the penis and then cut it... after that all you have to do is add vasaline to it every time you change him to keep from the diaper sticking to it and pulling off the scabs. I think it took my son about 1 week and a half to heal and after that it was nothing. My dr told me that if daddy is that you should make the son too... that way when it comes time for potty training the son isnt like "well why does mine different from daddys"

Then your doctor is a complete idiot. Mutilate your son's penis so he matches his mutilated dad. What a ridiculous reason to cut off a part of your son's penis. How about the dad seek a foreskin restoration instead?  My son is intact, my DH is not. Big freaking deal. I potty trained him and it was easy. If he ever questions why his penis is different than his dad's, I will tell him the truth. That his dad had his foreskin cut off at birth because we didn't know any better back then, but now we know better therefore he has his whole penis, the way nature intended him to be.

only someone who doesn't know any better would say that, leaving your son intact is easier and less of a hassle to clean, there is no vasaline use needed, there is no forceful retraction needed. There is no tugging, pulling, etc, to be done, its as easy as "wipe" and go, litterally, thats it. When the boy is old enough and can retract it himself them its as easy as a little bit of soap and water, wash it, put the foreskin back and go, pretty easy and simple.

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Teaching safe sex and using condoms is much more effective way to prevent STDs. More women get yeast infections, antibiotics clear it right up. The US has the highest circ rates for a first world country, and funny enough the US also has the highest infection rates. So no, circumcision doesn't have any effect on preventing diseases and infections.
There's no reason to cut off a perfectly healthy and functioning body part because someone doesn't want to teach their kid safe sex and proper hygiene.

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

it decreases risk of hiv stds aids yeast infections so worth it. they numb the area baby feels nothing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Rounds
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
I did my boys but that was me and my ex husbands co ice. You have to make your own. Asking people on here you just going to start an argument and honestly get more confused. I prefer circumcision
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)