Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

feel sick after this fight

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM
  • 6 Replies

my boyfriend and I got into a fight yesterday. Which happened to be his mom who passed on birthday. I felt like he had plans to let his friend come over and watch the game, so I was gonna let him do whatever it was that would make him feel good.

I went out to a huge flea market I never been to, ended up getting lost, couldnt find my car for 45 minutes. I called him to vent about it, and ended up hanging up on him b/c it seemed like he didnt give a crap. I got home he was all fired up and was like why did you call me.. what was I gonna do yelling at me etc. His friend left, he kept at the fight and I am trying to be calm, but he made me a little nutty so I threw out his soda out the back porch. (I usually dont have crazy moments like that)

He keeps on with why did him the rest of the day, I m like idk maybe to vent to you, sorry i'll never bother you again, he says you just like to ruin my day when I watch football, every year you like to ruin my good time. oh ok.

Now me and my son are going to bed, he comes out and is like thanks for ruining my day, my mothers birthday, wait til your mom is passed on, wait til how you feel.

I feel sick this morning, needed to vent, I didnt think I was in the wrong, but was I ? Idk :'(

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
VictoriousTory
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

People say really shitty things when they are angry... Im sure he had a lot of surpressed feelings seeing it was an emotional day for him and in his head he had the day planned out you know?? Have a friend over, watch football, not have to address the feelings he has, not have to think about anything... and the day didn't go the way he wanted it to and since you guys got into a fight it was a perfect excuse to blame you for everything. Honestly, even tho your feelings are hurt, I wouldn't take it too personally. Once he gets over it I'm sure he will feel bad for what he said and realize it wasn't your fault at all. :) 

RaLALA
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM

while i understand way he was upset. he didnt have to take it out on you like that. He will calm down and realize he went to far.

hugs

itsblissmas
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I guess he really likes his football. LOL! I hope you feel better soon. =)

Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:50 PM
I understand this because my Df occasionally does this and usually it has nothing to do with me. It typically happens if he is really stressed with work or having a hard emotional day. He says mean hurtful things and I always remind him that certain things you say you can't take back.

Although you understand why he did it that doesn't make it easier. Just hold him to it when he comes back and apologizes. Say you understand it was a hard day on him but that his behavior and the things he said were unacceptable and recognize that your behavior was not appropriate either (throwing his pop out was probably kind of childish). Good luck!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I am so sorry. It sounds really hard.

YeahItsJen
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM
This. Sounds like both of you were on edge emotionally already, and we're human, we open our mouths and make mistakes lol. Sounds like it'll blow over though, mutual apologies in order :-) And just for a lil perspective, if this is considered a pretty bad fight for you guys, you are very lucky!

Quoting VictoriousTory:

People say really shitty things when they are angry... Im sure he had a lot of surpressed feelings seeing it was an emotional day for him and in his head he had the day planned out you know?? Have a friend over, watch football, not have to address the feelings he has, not have to think about anything... and the day didn't go the way he wanted it to and since you guys got into a fight it was a perfect excuse to blame you for everything. Honestly, even tho your feelings are hurt, I wouldn't take it too personally. Once he gets over it I'm sure he will feel bad for what he said and realize it wasn't your fault at all. :) 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)