Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

thanksgiving prep

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM
  • 6 Replies

so who here has already started preparing food or what not for Thanksgiving?  if you have, what have you done?  what are you making for Thanksgiving? 

i have bought all the food needed to make a huge meal that only 6 people total may be at.  my MIL and FIL are supposed to come but they may not.  :(  also, this morning i took our 21 lb turkey out of the deep freezer to start thawing.

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
VictoriousTory
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

This weekend we bought the food I will need to make everything I am going to bring... I'm doing the desserts and a couple sides... Im making apple pie, pumpkin pie cupcakes, and pumpkin loaf... and I am doing the cranberry sauce and  brown sugar and butter butternut squash. :) I am plan on making the cranberry sauce and most of the desserts the day before... but I also have a Dr's appointment in the afternoon that may or may not take a long time so I wanna get as much done in the morning as I can... I also got a turkey breast to roast for my SO the baby and I on the day of thanksgiving so we have some turkey for us after the big dinner... My sister is kinda cheap about giving us any leftovers and I want a turkey sandwhich this year damnit :) 

ChancesMommy07
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I've bought everything but I will do the baking on Wednesday. I may go ahead and make the Oreo balls, the pumpkin roll, and the red velvet roll today though. Just because those all keep really well on the fridge.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM
I am making 2 appetizers and pumpkin pie, everything has been bought but no prep til Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I have made pumpkin pie. It was only suppose to make 2 pies. It ended up making 4. So I froze one. :) Today I will be making the pecan pie.

TS9509
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:46 PM
I'm going tonight after work with DH to buy everything we will need. I'm going to cook Thursday morning. I'm making cookies and several veggies to take to my grandparents house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM
We did it Saturday since inlaws came from out of state. I had cookies and pies made Friday night. I also had veggies washed and cut in baggies for the stuffing. I boiled the eggs Friday too and then made deviled eggs Saturday. Saturday I popped the turkey in, later made mashed sweet potatoes, then mashed potatoes, stuffing, ect. There's way more I made tho. But I have 4 burners and 2 ovens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN