Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do I need to get...

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
An amazon gift card or anything for my daughter who's getting a kindle fire for Christmas? We are apple people but can't justify an iPad for a 5 year old...so should we get her a gift card of some sort to buy stuff? Thanks ladies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:14 AM

If you need money to buy apps for it then yes. My 5 year old son has an ipad and he loves it.

Eliots_momma
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM
There are some free games and books but mostly you have to pay for them. I would include a gift card.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Thats a great idea!! A couple years ago thats what we did for my dad. I was told no gifts for adults this year but I might get him a 20 dollar amazon card... he is seriously ADDICTED to his kindle... I mean he takes it EVERYWHERE!!!! He left it at my house a couple weeks ago and my mom said it was TERRIBLE until I returned it... lol 

MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Me too. :) or you could open it and preload it Wth some books and apps she will like!

We did that for my dd and get iPad. She is 6.

Quoting Eliots_momma:

There are some free games and books but mostly you have to pay for them. I would include a gift card.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

is it just a amazon gift card or a special one? and ugh i feel sooo bad i wanna get her an ipad as we are  HUGE apple people, BUT i cant justify $600 for a almost 6 year old am i crazy for not getting her an ipad since thats what she knows and we liek better?

Courtney610
by Courtney on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
What about the new mini iPad? I know nothing about it, but I know it's cheaper. I'm also an apple person.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM
I am getting my kids kindle fires as well and we are going to preload stuff on it for them. I have a kindle fire so I know what they like and what they don't. We also bought them each their own case and such as well. Also a lot of games are free but books are around $1-10 depending on the book and then if you want the books that read to them they are like $5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BroCosMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

what kind of case do you ladies who have the kindle fire HD have? im having a hard time finding a GOOD sturdy hard case for the HD links would be great thanks ladies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)