Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

No clue what's wrong w/my dd

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

So it started Thur night my 5 mo old dd got a fever (no other syptoms) and had it all day friday.  It went away over the weekend, except an occasional low-fever.  She has been having spouts all weekend of SCREAMING, and nothing can calm her.  This has never happened before, I'm pretty sure she's never screamed like this before. Then she wakes up this morning with a rash all over her head, a little on her face/shoulders/stomach, and all over her back.  

I am taking her to the doc today at 4 when they could get her in, but any thoughts on what could be wrong with her? 

Update~ Thanks for the responses, turned out to be a virus. Which the ped was surprised she got since I'm a sahm and no one in the house has been sick...so no clue where she got it.  But they say it will go away on its own.  They also found her throat irritated, so the poor girl has a sore throat, which explains why she wasn't eating well.  

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:14 AM
Perhaps an allergic reaction of some kind? I'm not sure really.

The Dr is the right thing to do.

I hope she feels better!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OBImomma
by Ruby Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:18 AM
If she had a virus the rash could be from the virus. My ds would break out in a rash all over after having a virus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Briangel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Thanks.  I thought of an alergy, but I cant think of anything new she's had, or what could have caused it.  Just have to wait for 4. Wish there was more i could do.  :(

Briangel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Could be a virus... I thought it was teething at first, but when the rash came I knew there was more.  My ds never got sick much, and he's never had a rash like this.

sj3starz
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM
I was told that some people break out when they break their fever. I don't know how long it was between the two but it could be related.
Sorry I'm not more help.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Briangel
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:11 AM

My mil thought it may be a fever rash, since it's all over her head - that's where it started. But the last time I noticed a fever was Sat evening, and it was low...and the rash started last night, so I'm not sure if 24 hrs is enough for them to be related. 

After her apt, I will update what the doc says.

Quoting sj3starz:

I was told that some people break out when they break their fever. I don't know how long it was between the two but it could be related.
Sorry I'm not more help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)