Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Terrified!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hello. =] well here it goes, Yesterday i bought my tickets to move 1400 miles away from my home... I Only have 9 days to pack my son and I. plus there is the last thanksgiving with my family and his dads family, im freaking out about the choice i have made to move to Iowa with a man who wants to help raise my son because his dad has never been apart of our lives. i am incredibly happy with this new man, he is everything ive ever wanted, but i really am terrified, im watching three marriages fall apart around me, my parents, my uncle and his wife, and my best friend and her husband, is this a good time to make such a crazy choice in life?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hippiechik3
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM

As long as you have a back up plan go for it. Dont base your relationship on other people.

ambermarie2006
by Amber on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Depends on how well you know this guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
How long have you been with him? How well do you know him? I have a bad feeling but I wish you the best. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TexasWife
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM

This. Back up plans are a great thing to have.

Quoting hippiechik3:

As long as you have a back up plan go for it. Dont base your relationship on other people.

Clynn301
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Should really have a back up plan, follow your heart and believe for the best but plan for the worst.  I know it's hard having a relationsip when you're watching other relationships fail.  It could be you need time to wait and feel at peace so you don't end up sabotaging your own relationsip because you're feeling insecure, I know that happens A LOT.

fingers crossed

MayFlowerMomma
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Yep have a back up plan and then go for it. Good Luck!

Ali5683
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:14 PM

How long have you known this guy? How well do you know him? I have a wierd feeling about it for some reason...

AshleyPie
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Two years ago, my ex boyfriend, who I hadn't talked to in 4 years, called me and wanted to come visit me. He had moved across the country. I said he could, and while he was visiting me, he had a ring and proposed to me. I said yes. A month later I packed everything I could fit into 3 suitcases and got on a plane across the country to be with him. I left my job, family, friends, car, everything. Now two years later we are married and have an amazing baby boy. I couldn't be happier. It was the most terrifying thing I have ever done, but it was so worth it! I'm not saying every situation would be like mine. But it sure worked out for me.
Side note, I'm from Iowa! I miss it there.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SMomof1234
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM

My husband always said he wouldn't get married because his parents are divorced. 2 1/2 months after dating my husband proposed. We've been together 4 years, married for 2 years. A lot of people were against me marrying him because of his background and that fact he has kids.

My advice is to follow your heart. You will never know what can happen unless you take the chance. Everything happens for a reason.

Good Luck!

KailesMommy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM
No your not crazy. It is scary at first but give it time for your lives to work things out together. Things will work out if you want them to. Good luck! I did it with my bf and it is working wonderfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)