Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello. =] well here it goes, Yesterday i bought my tickets to move 1400 miles away from my home... I Only have 9 days to pack my son and I. plus there is the last thanksgiving with my family and his dads family, im freaking out about the choice i have made to move to Iowa with a man who wants to help raise my son because his dad has never been apart of our lives. i am incredibly happy with this new man, he is everything ive ever wanted, but i really am terrified, im watching three marriages fall apart around me, my parents, my uncle and his wife, and my best friend and her husband, is this a good time to make such a crazy choice in life?

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Replies (11-19):
brittbrat661
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Good Evening! thank you all for your comments. now to answer some of your awesome questions.

I have known this man since i was 15 (8 years) we dated in high school when i was 15 he was 16, and then broke up. i was a lil off my rocker at that time honestly. :) we stayed in contacted and i am best friends with his lil sis and his mom, oddly enough. when i was 17 he called me to meet him because he was moving to Iowa. he asked me to come with him because he loved me and wanted to start a life together, i said no because i was a minor and i was engaged to my sons father at the time.

2 years ago he again came back into my life, he was in a broken ending relationship, and wanted to see where i was in life, we talked once, and ended to contact because i didnt feel comfortable talking to a man in a serious relationship.

its 2 years later and he showed up in my life again, and asked me to visit him in Iowa. so i jumped on a plane with my son. It was amazing better then i could hve ever imagined. he has a great job, two cars and a great lil house. i decided i wanted to move their and flew home to pack our thngs. but because all these relationships are ending around me, i am scared.

FelixFelicis
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Where in Iowa? I live in Iowa! It's cheap here and most of the towns are a good place to raise kids, only some of the schools are horrible, especially in North Iowa. The people are also kinda rude. It's beautiful though, year round. Was born and raised here.

Even if things don't work out, you'll be okay. As long as it's what you want, go for it.

brittbrat661
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

:)) I will be in Onawa Ia. do you know it? its an amazing small town and even made some friends just in the three weeks i was there for my visit. I do have a backup plan. i have a friend i have known since i was in elementary school. And my mom and other family would make sure i could leave whenever that may b needed.

We have also sat down when i decided to move there, and talked about if things didnt work out he would make sure i was taken care of until i can leave, meaning feeding, giving me a bed, and making sure my son is okay, especially because my son has speech delay, and needs to stay in school.

group hug

jyofray
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Good luck to you and your son
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FelixFelicis
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Yupp, I have quite a few friends from Onawa. It's closer to the Nebraska boarder, so it's in the friendlier part of Iowa. I live by the Minnesota boarder. It's also a tiny town, and small towns in Iowa are THE BEST. The people are always nice and they don't usually bother you. It's very safe too. It's all kids and dogs running around having fun with parents watching on the porch. I live in a big city in Iowa, but my in laws live in a town close by called Rudd and I love it there.

Quoting brittbrat661:

:)) I will be in Onawa Ia. do you know it? its an amazing small town and even made some friends just in the three weeks i was there for my visit. I do have a backup plan. i have a friend i have known since i was in elementary school. And my mom and other family would make sure i could leave whenever that may b needed.

We have also sat down when i decided to move there, and talked about if things didnt work out he would make sure i was taken care of until i can leave, meaning feeding, giving me a bed, and making sure my son is okay, especially because my son has speech delay, and needs to stay in school.

group hug

Lilypie Maternity tickers
brittbrat661
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM

i love it there and cannot wait to get back, but leaving my mom is what scares me the most. i always said id live with her forever... hhaahaa.....

TempestRayne
by Donna on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Depends on how well you know this guy

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brittbrat661
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

i have known him for 8 years, and i have a back up plan.. does anyone else have any advice? this is the first time i will be moving away from az? Huge Culture shock!

brittbrat661
by New Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM

He has also already mentioned Marriage, not asked me but has asked me to look up rings i might be interested in, he is a BowHunter, and wants CAMO RINGS.. are wedding bells in my future?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)