Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

It makes me curious..

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
There's a story that goes to my question so bare with me.
Back when I was seventeen I was bitten by a stray cat after trying to save it from a dog attacking it. (I knew the dog so no I'm kitchen crazy to approach) they gave me penicillin to take for two weeks so I wouldn't get infection since they didn't know if it had rabies yet. A few days later I showed signs of allergic reaction. I didn't even think about it at the time so I kept raking it. The next day I tried to take it but my tongue was so swollen I couldn't swallow it, my throat began closing at my second attempt to swallow so I stopped taking it. My mother took me to the emergency room and they confirmed i was allergic to penicillin.
The weekend before last I was bitten seven times by an unknown type of spider in both hands. Two days after I was bitten my hands swelled up like a balloon.
My mother ended up taking me that time as well because the S O wouldn't. They confirmed spider bites and that I was developing a later stage of cellulitis. They told me to take sulfameth (Bactrim) to stop the infection. Ten days worth of pills. I'm having an allergic reaction to this as well. I guess my question is, w
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
HaileyInezMom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I know a lot of people who can not take Bactrim. I know i can't or my DH

Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM
I just hope it's not all antibiotics. It defeats the purpose if I'm allergic to it. Ugh. It's so aggravating
happymommy1105
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM
I can't take bactruim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz.Sisk
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
It's makes me wonder what's in it then. Maybe it's good I had this reaction so I won't take them. They gave it to me even though I told them I breastfeed. I definitely don't want it hurting her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)