Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

6motnh old drank cows milk, please dont judge

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM
  • 15 Replies

im kinda freaking out right now...i hope u can keep up...

ok so i have 2 boys, a 18 month old and a 6 month old. my mil was watching them tonight while i was at work. once i arrived home, i was given a bottle that belonged to my 6 months old. ((both kids have different bottles. my oldest has the 'toddler' bottles (what i call them) the tall ones the older babies usually use because the flow is less resticted. my youngest son has the baby bottles i.e venti air, tommie tippies etc)) 

so i am handed a Venti-Air bottle for bedtime for my youngest, or so i thought. so, i fed it to him. only to find out afterwards that it was whole cows milk!!! i was totally unaware and now im totally freaked out about feeding my 6 month old cows milk. he's asleep and fell asleep just fine, no fussing nothing. i truely didnt mean to bc i didnt know. i didnt start my oldest on milk until he was 10 and a half months, now im scared i could have hurt his health. please help!!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicMommy722
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I don't have any help for ya but *hugs*, that's scary! You could always call poison control 1-800-222-1222. They're very helpful!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:00 PM

One bottle will not hurt him.  Just watch for behavior that indicates upset stomach..  Why does the 18 mo old still use a bottle?  That could help decrease some of hte confusion if he was able to transition more into cups or sippies.  There are even sippies that look like water bottles or travel mugs with flexible straws.

Retrokitty
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM
That's fine he just may get a tummy ache. I know this is bad but my mom fed me whole milk from 4 months on.
kayandjsmom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM
2 moms liked this

He'll be fine. He might get an upset stomach but no need to beat yourself up over it.

ashleynoel21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:01 PM

he only uses them to go to sleep...i tried giving him a sippy for bedtime but he refuses it. its a comfort thing i thnk bc he barely drinks the milk from it, just holds it lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

One bottle will not hurt him.  Just watch for behavior that indicates upset stomach..  Why does the 18 mo old still use a bottle?  That could help decrease some of hte confusion if he was able to transition more into cups or sippies.  There are even sippies that look like water bottles or travel mugs with flexible straws.

jessecutez
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:05 PM
One bottle will not hurt. I would let mil know not to do it again. I remember when my son was a baby we got a horrid snow storm... With no warning. I was going to get formula the next day. I couldn't leave( state of emergency) and I gave him milk it was all I had. He was 4 months. He has immune issues and dh was working. I didn't want to take him out before dh got home! Oops!
Just watch for an upset tummy. But he sounds fine if he is sleeping.
ashleynoel21
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone youve calmed me down 99% lol im still a worrier
coupon_ash_back
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM

It's not going to kill the kid. It's okay.

Maky.Medina
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Something similiar happened to me when my son (who is now 3) was 7 months old. He was fine, he only drank about 6 oz. though. hope everything is OK! 

Mami2oneboy
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM
He'll be just fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN