Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Natural Childbirth at 20?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM
  • 21 Replies

OK so Im from the Denver area and im about 4 months along. Now dont judge but im kind of in a way terrified/against/idk wat you would call it but i dont want to have her in a hospital scene. It scares me. I feel like i need to be relaxed and calm and not stressed about needles sticking out of every which way and drs and nurses coming in and out every 10 mins. Idk wat to do im so lost with no help or anyone to direct me in the right path. Can anyone help? please? frown mini

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Look up midwives or doulas to help if you want a home birth.  You can do natural birth at any age as long as you and the baby are healthy.  Have you talked to your doctor about different options for child birth?   In my area we have a birthing center so not in the hospital per se.  It was fairly peaceful except when an intern thought they knew better than the chief of the department.

mnmo3bb
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:23 AM
I had a fairly natural hospital birth ay 18... I did learn more with each though... It is possible to have a great hospital experience you just need the right car provider. You still have time to look into your options... Home birth, birthing center, having a doula attend and/or a midwife deliver instead of an OB...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:24 AM
The pregnancy group is great for advice. I just had my son a month ago... Totally have respect for mothers that go natural. I have a high pain tolerance but totally needed the epidural once I got to 6 cms. Thank you Jesus for meds... But its a personal choice for every woman. Good luck and congrats.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ash2013
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:31 AM

The whole pregnancy so far has been kind of iffy. Im going to a clinic and not an actual hospital. I had a UTI for the first few wks and they didnt even tell me and immedietly it was oh here pop this itll make everything better.

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM
If its not up to the standards you wish for, find a new place to go. Always remember doctors and nurses work for you, so they can be fired and replaced. Do some research on the midwives, doulas, etc like pp mentioned and ask in the pregnancy group(you will get a lot of info there to help your research).

Quoting Ash2013:

The whole pregnancy so far has been kind of iffy. Im going to a clinic and not an actual hospital. I had a UTI for the first few wks and they didnt even tell me and immedietly it was oh here pop this itll make everything better.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM
Id google midwives and email them. Discuss what bothers you. They may have suggestions about obs that can help do this in the hospital, birthing centers, or even offer their services for a homebirth. I jad my daughter at home and it was so stress free.
SOCO101
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:45 AM

IMO, being in the hospital is less stressful than most ppl put it out to be. I got the epidural and slept through the majority of my labor ( 5pm-6am). The nurses would check on me, but wouldn't wake me up at all. When I did wake up I knew it was time to push. They know what they're doing and if something goes wrong you're already at the hospital. Just for that reason, it gives me comfort. 

You can also have a pretty natural birth at a hospital. Some even offer midwives and doulas. Just get as much info on labor and delivery as you can. See which way fits you better, and look at the options in your area as far as midwives and natural childbirth go. 

slashteddy
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Like PPs said, I'd recommend the Pregnancy group, and maybe also the Natural Birth & Parenting group. :) In the meantime, you're in a state where midwives are legal (lucky! :P) so definitely ask around. If you need a good starting point, Colorado Midwives Association looks as good as any.

usmc.momma
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:48 AM

My hospital births were amazing. YOU are in control. You make the rules. Research, research, research. If you have any questions PM me.

maddiesmommy5
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:10 AM

I had dd at 19 in a hospital but naturally (I was only there for 11 mins before she was born) you should check out the natural birth and parenting group on cm they are awesome ladies full of great advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN